I NEED HELP IN NEW JERSEY - Posted by Derick

Posted by derick on February 28, 2002 at 16:58:14:

Thank you for your advice. Yesterday I started the process of calling the creditors and I was told that the information couldn’t be taken off. The person that I spoke to seemed to be new on the job because overtime I asked a question she had to put me on hold and talk to someone else to get the answer. IM going to start writing out my requests to the creditors to stop reporting my accounts as charge-offs tonight. I have the money to pay everything off. Should I call back and try talking to someone else and let them know what IM attempting to do or should I just send out the requests once I get the addresses? Also should I send them A check along with the requests or should I just send the requests by themselves? That may sound like a silly question if the answer is “you have to send the money” but IM completely lost. Thank you again for your previous advise and I appreciate any further help you can give me with this. It’s been a thorn in my side for quite some time now because I’ve been holding out on paying in order to have some type of leverage in getting them taken off of my credit report.

Derick

I NEED HELP IN NEW JERSEY - Posted by Derick

Posted by Derick on February 25, 2002 at 05:49:04:

Heres my situation. I’m 22 years old. Im getting out of the military in less than two months, my credit isnt the greatest (late credit card payments,a charge off for $600 and one for $30)my positive credit is a loan for a few thousand dollars that has never been late and a credit card for a store.I know VA will gaurantee my loan but there is still the matter of qualifying for it. I dont have a new job lined up, I know i’ll need one before I can borrow money from a bank but I’m in the “I.T” field and have been told that it won’t be hard for me to find a job. I would like to purchase a home in northern or central new jersey and also start to invest in some properties in the same area or close by. I’ve been reading this forum and I also have a course on real estate investing but i still can’t figure out where to start. To be honest alot of things that i hear suggest that i can’t even purchase a home for myself let alone purchase investment properties. I guess what im asking for is HELP. Perhaps some words of encouragement to reassure my ambitions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: I NEED HELP IN NEW JERSEY - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on February 25, 2002 at 10:22:38:

Hi Derick,

From the information you have posted, my suggestion would be to negotiate and payoff the chargeoffs you want to get rid of that I9 on your credit reports. Be careful when you start your communications with the creditor if they agree to a lesser amount be sure you request they stop reporting that account(s) as a chargeoff, the creditor doing the reporting is the only one who can request the information to be stopped.
Send a copy of that request letter to the reporting company that is showing these acounts, send everything certified return receipt requeted.

If you want additional assistance or information contact me.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson