I need leads on how to buy properties - Posted by Edward Castillo

Posted by Frank Chin on February 16, 2001 at 17:17:48:

Here’s some ways I know people have used:

1- Flip the property and do the rehab during the contract period. This way you don’t have to get a mortgage. Have the seller agree to your putting investment in rehab (the $10,000) in lieu of a deposit.

2- If you put an ad for handy man specials, how about an ad for investors. You can do your own fixups plus fixups where you share the profits, with you being the dealmaker.

3- Someone I know work part time at a Real Estate office. He gets to look for things while driving around plus hooked up with a few investors that way. Selling homes for the broker was somewhat secondary.

4- Lease Options -

I guess a business plan here wouldn’t hurt because you’re doing it full time. I’ve quit my job last July to do this full time myself, and I’m in the middle to coming up with my own plan.

Good luck investing.

I need leads on how to buy properties - Posted by Edward Castillo

Posted by Edward Castillo on February 13, 2001 at 11:26:34:

Hello;
My name is Ed Castillo , I live in New jersey I have bought and sold 3 properties in the last 8 months and 2 in the last 8 months prior to that with an average of $20,000 per home. I find that selling them is the easy part but finding them is not as easy when you want to do it full time. I quit my job to do this full time and since then I found two homes allowing me to spend more time with my family. I have no job per say so I get no doc loans which need 30 percent down which takes a lot out of pocket also repairs its costly since each home requires about $10,000 each to repair. I have an ad in the local newspaper wanting to purchase handy mans specials, my fica score is a 620 if any one out there can give me any advise I would trully appreciate it.