I need professional Stock advice,help!! - Posted by Katie Cramer

Posted by Katie Cramer on November 04, 2001 at 14:28:30:

Thank very much, I agree, I figured this was too good to be true.

I need professional Stock advice,help!! - Posted by Katie Cramer

Posted by Katie Cramer on November 03, 2001 at 23:41:31:

Hi Everyone,

This is not pertaining to RE but I need someone’s opinion and advice on an informercial I saw Saturday morning. Has anyone ever heard of a gentlemen by the name of George Thompson/Founder of: WizeTrade Software. He says you need to attend one of his workshops and he will teach the step by step on how to trade stock and make enough money for you to have extra in your pockets. His software consists of an electronic screen that features the spelling board on Wheel of Fortune. And in the corner of the screen you type in the 3 letters that begins in the name of your stock and the panel drops the names of different stock names that begins with the letters you typed in. So once you do that, the screen changes over to that stock screen and shows the (Wheel -of -Fortune like screen) and the blocks are either red or green automatically. The Red Blocks - means to sell
The Green Blocks - means to buy and they guarantee that this is a new technique that helps you read stock better instead of going through such confusion with a stock broker of telling you how to buy and sell stock and which stock you should sell and buy. Sorry that this was long but I really use some helpful advice on this. I am very interested in going to the free workshop seminar. But I am not quick to jump in on something that is too good to be true. Thank you all for your time in reading this.

God Bless Everyone,

Katie Cramer

Re: Inappropriate post here (NT) - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on November 04, 2001 at 08:34:49:

YES you do; NOT wheel of fortune - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on November 04, 2001 at 08:06:42:

Katie:

A beginning recommendation for you is, NEVER, NEVER NEVER (I think that is enough Nevers), invest into something that you do not understand. So, when evaluating Stocks, if you do understand how to evaluate, (without wheel of fortune device) then Don’t.

This advice is coming from a former stock broker, and Certified Financial Planner: As far as stock information is concerned, if interested in making these investments, you should consider a publication by the name of Value Line. It is chaulked full of specifics, one page per stock, about the underlying company, and easy to read financial data. It never ceases to amaze me, of how many people invest into a stock, and they couldn’t even tell you much about what the company’s product or service is, all they know is someone said “buy it”. This approach is the makings of a financial disaster, waiting to happen.

So, my advice is do not buy the Wheel of Fortune idea, but get some good sound publication, like Value Line, to educate yourself on what, and why to invest. This same advice will span other investments as well. Get good information, just as in RE investing; seek good courses and learn the proper techniques. This approach iwll save you lots of money and heartache.

Just the way that I view things…

JT - IN