I need some advice on this mobile home deal…anyone anyone anyone?? - Posted by Carey_PA
Posted by Carey_PA on March 09, 2000 at 20:44:23:
I just got back from looking at a mh and i need some advice. the sellers want 5k for it. it has to be moved. the moving costs will be between 2k-2.5k.
i’m pretty confident that i can get probably 20-25k for the home. it’s a 1991 in EXCELLENT shape.
the park i was planning on moving it to i think may have a problem with the roof. it’s a metal roof, the park says the roof has to be shingles and the side vinyls. the side is fine, but the roof is metal. If i could get the park to accept the metal roof i could do this deal in a snap, otherwise i’m gonna have to find another park, which may take sometime since they may want to run a credit check etc on me since they don’t know me.
Any suggestions? I’m looking for suggestions about the price of the home and about the roof situation???
Should i give up the 5k for the home plus the 2.5k to be moved and set up??? or should i try to wait it out, i know that have 2 offers so far, both waiting on financing for the full 5k! so i know my CASH would win!
OH also, i’ve never moved a mh before, it’s a 1991 i suppose that’s better than it being a 1971 as far as moving, but i’m wondering how the moving of a mh turns out? i mean is there some damage to the home after the move, etc? (the home will be moved over 100 miles).
Thanks in advance for all your help!