I need to tell ya... - Posted by Nita (VA)

Posted by Tony-VA on February 25, 2002 at 19:27:12:

You and your co-worker are taking control of your lives in a manner not comprehensible to your other co-workers. I applaud your enthusiasm and spirit. I wish you the best of luck. Lonnie is a great source of insite, information and inspiration. It is a blessing to have him in the same state. Ray Alcorn is another great Virginia resource should you ever decide to buy a park for example.

I have done Lonnie deals in VA and will be happy to help if I can.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

I need to tell ya… - Posted by Nita (VA)

Posted by Nita (VA) on February 25, 2002 at 18:52:29:

I have been doing my “homework” and preparing for some Lonnie deals within the next month or so. In April, I will be 50 years old. I spent 15 years in the Army and after the “down-sizing” of 1992, left the service. For a year, the employment odds at home were not in my favor. My current job of one year is full time with the postal service as a custodian. Talk about a thankless and dead end job…but it is just that…a job. One of my custodial co-workers shared his copy of Lonnie’s DOW with me. He is retired Air Force been custodial with the postal service since 1987. He is retiring again…this time from the postal service to move to Florida and do some Lonnie deals. Other folks our ages plan for 8-10 years before that will retire because a lot of them cannot afford to do so. On my breaks and lunch periods, I am reading and researching about mobile home insurance, lot rents, taxes and legalities. I have a plan and am putting myself into position to get it going because it is something I HAVE to do to get beyond the gold watch mentality that surrounds me daily. We have a lot of good fishing in Virginia and, thanks to Lonnie, I have reserved a spot on the bank. I want the challenge, experience, fun and of, course, some money from doing this and doing it right. So, whatever your reasons and motivations for taking that step or changing your lives…you put what you got to work for yourself.

Re: I need to tell ya… - Posted by Joe(VA)

Posted by Joe(VA) on February 26, 2002 at 12:05:27:

good luck Nita, keep us updated and let us know how things turn out!