"I want a raise" - Posted by Don(Tn)

Posted by Joe on December 05, 2006 at 11:13:36:

As much as everyone would like to get rid of their job, I think the majority of degree-owners would say that the time spent on their degree was time well spent. Even if your degree is not specifically applicable to the profession you ultimately end up in, it’s still an achievement that is usually worth the time and effort.

“I want a raise” - Posted by Don(Tn)

Posted by Don(Tn) on December 04, 2006 at 22:55:39:

That is the caption I read on a billboard for a local community college underneath the picture of a woman. Of course the message was get more education so you can get a higher paying JOB. Now don’t get me wrong, education has a great value, but it is not an answer to all problems. She wants to be able to have someone give her a bigger fish rather than learn how to fish!

It was rather ironic that I noticed this billboard on my way Saturday morning to the “pier” to gather some new fish. I created my own raise this year by doing some Lonnie deals as well as renting out some trailers. If billboard woman goes back to school for maybe 2 years she will walk away with a piece of paper and a large student loan unless her current employer pays for it. Perhaps her salary will increase substantially. Who knows? Maybe not. Either way she will be required to get out of bed each morning for the next 30 or more years to go to the JOB.

I am just pointing out that everyone here has the ability to dictate their own financial future. Whether it be through Lonnie deals, L/o’s, rentals, parks, or land homes. Just get out there and throw your line in the water and don’t depend on anyone else to feed you.

Don

P.S. I have a four year degree in finance and own an insulation company. Im sure it will come in handy when insulating banks!

Re: “I want a raise” - Posted by Lazaro Holguin

Posted by Lazaro Holguin on December 06, 2006 at 15:31:26:

I graduated as a Systems Engineer and worked in big and exiting NASA projects. I don’t think I would have had the discipline and inclination to get into Lonne deals when I was 25 years old. Now that I am 43 and having been downsized couple of companies, I see the advantage of living the corporate world and getting into MH and rentals.

So true… - Posted by Jason (AL)

Posted by Jason (AL) on December 05, 2006 at 17:29:36:

For as long as I can remember, I’ve felt that college
degrees are over-rated.

Insulating banks?

What about financing insulation??

Reel a big 'un in for us.