I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Gina

Posted by Pam (PA WV) on June 12, 2006 at 10:21:02:

Gina,

Take a look around this forum. The people here have great ideas that YOU could use to make some extra money. There are much better ways to get rid of your trailer than paying to have it hauled.

Read through the archives. (Search for “mobile” and it’ll pull up 99.99% of the old posts.) Once you get an idea of what people are doing, I recomend you buy the books by Lonnie Scruggs. In many respects, you have a leg up on most people starting this…you already have a mobile home. After you’ve got a better idea of what we do, talk to your park manager. If it can stay in the park, you can sell it…even in the condition you describe.

Good luck,

Pam

I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Gina

Posted by Gina on June 11, 2006 at 13:23:52:

I have lived in this mobile home since 1993. It is in major disrepair. Even if it were not I would not be interested in selling it. I just want to haul it off and dispose of it when I move to an apartment.

Where can I find out how to dispose of my home? I know very little about this other than that it will cost big bucks.
Because it will cost me it would be good to do some research but who does one contact about these things?

You’ve got mail n/t - Posted by Mike-Tx

Posted by Mike-Tx on June 14, 2006 at 14:31:46:

FREE 1993 Singlewide: San Antonio, TX - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on June 12, 2006 at 22:43:41:

Hi Gina,

Here is the title you want. If you have a free local pennysaver, little nickel, etc. place an ad like, “FREE 1993 Singlewide, you move it, San Antonio, TX. xxx-xxxx” Also, you can contact your park manager for help. Lastly, put signs with the above outside your local supermarkets.

To be honest, I am shocked that no one on this forum, has posted to go see this. Here is a deal, and no one is jumping on it. Are their that many cheap Lonnie Deals in Texas? Someone please take this off her hands and help this lady.

Best investing, Chris

One thing that some are missing… - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on June 12, 2006 at 15:52:04:

Those who are suggesting that she order Lonnie’s books are probably a bit off here. I would guess if Gina has lived in this home for 13 years and let it slide into its current state, she’s probably not the type to order DOW and start in the MH biz.

I know that she can spend $30 and it will pay for itself many times over, but I am just picking up the vibe from her post that she doesn’t want anything to do with her home, including putting any effort into selling for a decent price.

I did like the post about advertising it as a handyman special for nothing down and low payments. If they never pay at all, no skin off of your back!

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Ruben (KCKS)

Posted by Ruben (KCKS) on June 11, 2006 at 18:27:27:

Gina,

Is there a clear title to the home? Where is the home located? On private land or in a park? What specific major disrepair issues does the home have? How much are you willing to pay someone to take this home off of your hands?

If you answer these questions someone on this board may be able to help you with your problem

Ruben D. Flores

Re: FREE 1993 Singlewide: San Antonio, TX - Posted by bill H

Posted by bill H on June 12, 2006 at 23:57:49:

Dear Chris,
Yes there are. Many Land/home deals too if you can pay all cash. It needs too much work and it’s too far away. Sorry.
Bill H (TX)

Re: One thing that some are missing… - Posted by Gina

Posted by Gina on June 12, 2006 at 18:40:55:

You’re right. I don’t want anything to do with this home.

I really am not interested in making money by selling anything either.

I only am looking for other options when it comes time to move. It really burns me that I should have to pay so much money to dispose of something that you correctly assess that I do not want.

I do appreciate that so many people have popped in with ideas here. Food for thought is always appreciated.

Thanks…

Gina

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Gina

Posted by Gina on June 11, 2006 at 19:53:17:

There is a clear title. The home is in a park in San Antonio, Texas.
There are dead outlets and no lights in various places throughout the home, several small places where the floor is rotted, siding issues, an inoperable toilet and sink, and the central air does not work although the central heat does.

I want to avoid paying that $1000 plus that I will possibly have to pay to haul it off so I am looking for a way not to have to have to pay that much no matter what I do with it.

So…are there any disposal services out there?

(I really thought I posted this already.)

Re: FREE 1993 Singlewide: San Antonio, TX - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on June 13, 2006 at 10:53:42:

If there are too many repos/newer singlewides that are free and need work, then go look at it, and make an offer. ie You want her to pay you to take it. Right now she is looking at paying a mover to dispose it, probably, $2,000 or more.

Quite frankly, I am shocked that with all these Lonnie Dealers, that someone is not making an offer. Even if the offer is wanting them to pay you to take it. You (all of us) can’t have a deal unless we make offers. The key is that the offers are on our terms and guarantee we will make money. The worse the person will do is say no. However, I have been amazed how subjective real estate and mobile home prices are to sellers. A side note, when I look at listed real estate, I always work with the listing agent. I am amazed how often a property will be priced at $100,000 and by the end of the meeting, the realtor will say something like, "I think they will take $80,0000. Our future financial success is getting our names and phone numbers in front of people, when they hit that motivated wall and want to unload. ie “The Motivated Seller status”. Poor Gina is motivated. Someone help her. She doesn’t want Lonnie’s book. She want someone to take her home for less than what it will cost her to dispose of it.

I remember a great article from Doc Craig Whisler, I think back in Dec. 2004. He said look at yourself in a mirror and practice offering yourself $18 for a $20 bill. When you get comfortable, then offer $15 for a $20 bill. Then $10, then $5. And then offer $0 for a $20 bill. In this case, we need to get comfortable offering the owner to give us $5 and the $20 bill.

I know someone is saying, that is crazy. Well look at it from Gina’s view. All she wants is to be rid of this home and move into an apt. She knows that if she disposes of the home it will cost her a couple thousand. As long as it costs less, it is a deal for her. Basically, what I am saying is “think outside the box”. They call it creative real estate online for a reason. We need to solve people’s problems in a way that solves their problems and makes us money. That is the essence of the Lonnie Deal. They can own their own mh and pay lot rent for less than they can rent. People that are successful always follow this principle. An example is Karl-OH, the modern day Godfather of Lonnie Deals. He has parks that pay to move homes into their parks and give him free lot rent when it is not sold to someone. I have heard many people post that the lot rent in the parks are $350 a month and they are afraid of the home being empty for 2-3 months. Go to the pm and make an offer that they need to wave the lot rent until they are sold. Two things will happen: the pm will say no and you won’t work in the park or the pm will realize that he currently is not receiving any lot rent on an empty lot, so what does he have to lose. So what is the key to getting the answer you want: “work with motivated people: pms, bankers, sellers, handymen, etc…” What does it take to find motivated people, talk to a lot of people. My rule is 10-1. Talk to 10 bankers, pms, etc… and you will come across one that is motivated to work with you.

OK I have rambled enough. Bill, as you can tell, the post is really for all of us.

Best investing, Chris

Re: One thing that some are missing… - Posted by Gina

Posted by Gina on June 12, 2006 at 18:45:44:

You are right. I don’t want anything to do with this home or really to make money by selling anything. I only was hoping for ideas other than the only alternative I am aware of.

Mobile home living was a mistake for me and I wish to quickly put it behind me when I move on WITHOUT spending tons of money on disposal.

I came here seeking other options and have gotten some ideas which I appreciate.

Thanks…

Gina

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by David Dennis

Posted by David Dennis on June 12, 2006 at 18:55:07:

You’re issue appears to me that you don’t have a
handyman you can trust.
The electriacal issue’s you mention should be trivial and the plumbing also could be and likely is. I’ve had similar issues with AC that was just ant’s in a relay (several times!!) Only cleaning needed.
A good mobilehome handyman should be able to repair
floor problems for a minimal fee if he is worthwhile…
The siding issue is the only one that I would really worrry about and I would not leave a paid for mobile home for an apartment unless it was very serious. What type of siding is it?
Shop around for repairs you nay be suprised.
You are likely better off than you think.
David Dennis

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Ruben (KCKS)

Posted by Ruben (KCKS) on June 11, 2006 at 20:23:51:

Gina,

This board has many real estate investors who purchase or take over properties like yours. Why would you just want to haul it off and pay 1-2K when an investor might take it off your hands for less.

If you just want to have it hauled off your best bet is to contact your park manager or owner and see who they use to do this. You can also call other parks to see who they use. Look in the yellow pages for mobile home movers and you can see what they charge. In some larger parks you might have a some park residents that will tear down a home if you rent a dumpster. They usually do this to sell the metal in the home.

The reason I asked for specifics is that an investor in your area who might be interested in your home will want to know those answers. Good luck finding a solution to your problem.

Ruben D. Flores

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on June 11, 2006 at 20:15:38:

Check w/your park manager to see if you can just sign over title.

Tye

Mobile home living is not for me. - Posted by Gina

Posted by Gina on June 12, 2006 at 19:16:22:

It probably seems strange to most folks here but a paid for mobile home is nothing to me. All it means is extra expense…taxes, yard upkeep, repairs, etc. My way of life is not a match for mobile home living.

Thank you for your thoughts on a handyman. I may look into it as well as the other suggestions I’ve received here but my income is extremely tight and putting money into fixing it at all is not an expense I want. Frankly, I’d sooner sell it for $100.

Gina

Posted by Gina on June 12, 2006 at 09:41:38:

I am looking into options really. I won’t be ready to move until the beginning of next year. I am a teacher so now is the time that I am not busy.

Are you saying that it is possible for someone to buy a dilapidated home like mine?

It’s more about my not imagining I could do anything else than haul it off. If there were another way to get it off the property that were relatively simple I would certainly look into it.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Gina on June 12, 2006 at 09:43:57:

I will check into that…thanks.
When we spoke recently he was all proud that he knew a place that might haul it for $800! For someone like me that is ALOT of money.

Gina

try a new path - Posted by JD (IL)

Posted by JD (IL) on June 12, 2006 at 21:20:55:

To completely beat a dead horse… order the book by Lonnie for $30.

I know you didn’t come hear looking to be an investor… You just want out of the tin box without losing much more money or sleep. There’ve been some suggestions that will take care of that, handyman’s special ad in the paper will probably get you $800 cash.

BUT!!!

Same ad could get you $200 / month for 3 years… just a thought. I and many of the people on this board have done it.

Your choice. To quote Aerosmith

“same ol’ same ol’ every day if things don’t change your just gonna rot. If you keep doin’ what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you have got, could that be nothing” - Get a grip - 92?

I used to have it play when I started my computer. Gotta get that going again.

Best of luck and take care!

JD (IL)

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Phil-TX

Posted by Phil-TX on June 12, 2006 at 14:03:45:

“I am a teacher so now is the time that I am not busy.”

Since you are a teacher, you know the value of education. Gina, my suggestion is for you to become a post-graduate student again this summer and order “Deals on Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs and read it a couple of times and put his teaching into practice. It will provide you practical, useful information that can give you ideas to handle this problem and contribute to your success financially and in other areas of your life probably more than any other professor you’ve ever had. You may even find another or additional career.

DOW can be purchased on this site. Just go toward the top of this Forum’s main page and click books and courses. Its only $30. You will not be sorry.

Best Regards,

Phil

Re: I want to be rid of it. - Posted by Brian (OH)

Posted by Brian (OH) on June 12, 2006 at 12:18:09:

Yes, it’s possible someone might buy a home even in the condition you describe. It may seem like it needs too much work to you, but for someone who can do the work themselves it may not seem too bad. They may even think it’s fun.

I sold one about six months ago that had all of the same problems plus a few more. The guy I sold it to was able to do all of the work himself and he had less than $800 in materials.

Try putting an ad in the paper for a handyman special, no money down. Even if you sell it for no money down and never get a single payment, at least you won’t have to pay for disposal.