I want to buy property, where do I start? - Posted by Charles Terrence Harper

Posted by Mark on March 17, 2001 at 22:17:11:

To answer question 2, you should start by looking carefully at properties in your area. Look at every “for sale” property inside and out and compare what you get for your money and before long you will know which ones are overpriced and which ones are bargains.

I want to buy property, where do I start? - Posted by Charles Terrence Harper

Posted by Charles Terrence Harper on March 17, 2001 at 19:21:03:

Hello,

I just heard John Burley on a Robert Kiyosaki Tape and I followed him to this website and am overwhelmed. Real Estate is the next part of my investment strategy, but I really don’t know where to start!

I want to do my first property in January, but I wonder if I could do it sooner. I don’t have a mortgage, incidental expenses or utilities because I work at a boarding school.
My wife and I have W2 at 50K+Room, Board, Transportation and Incidentals and 10K on Schedule C (Vending Machine Business), .5K Schedule C (Motivational Speaking). We have $12K (12.9%) in Consumer, $13K in Auto and $20K in business debt. I was hoping to pay off the consumer debt-maybe also the auto debt and start in Jan.

My questions are:

1.) Can I realistically get started in real estate in my town before Jan?

2.) If so, what should I try to learn from this site, is there an order to which a begginner might approach the tapes, postings, laws, etc.

I have appointments with a mortgage lender, CFP and CPA next week.

3.) If I am unrealistic, what should we use as a goal, pay off one thing, two things or everything? Obviously, if I pay off everything I will not be in the market for another two or three years.

I would apreciate your insight.

Charley Ma-Boy