I was looking through the FSBOs and.... - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by Scott(AK) on March 31, 1999 at 21:40:26:

I have the software and it is SWEET. Makes life for us beginners much more organized.

Scott(AK)

I was looking through the FSBOs and… - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by Randy -IL- on March 31, 1999 at 09:28:58:

…thought about how to keep track of who/what/where/when I send “I’d like to buy your house” cards to. With the endless amounts of FSBOs out there a system needs to be in place to track progress on these mailings. For that matter, as many offers as I [should] make I would like to track those too.

For those of you who make dozens of offers a week, how do you keep track of contacts and offers?

Thanks,
Randy

Reinvent the wheel…or… - Posted by Frank [Pgh PA]

Posted by Frank [Pgh PA] on March 31, 1999 at 21:57:21:

use a program that’s already developed for real estate investor’s … Joe Kaiser’s stuff…see post below.
Of course you can buy any of the “Off-The-Shelf” databse type programs and write your own, as others here have suggested.
Me, I’d rather use a program already designed by a REI Pro!
Sorry folks, but it works better for me.

Contact plus for windows! - Posted by Lonnie Turner

Posted by Lonnie Turner on March 31, 1999 at 18:58:57:

I use contact plus for windows and it has a lot of features. You can set up a document in MS Word or any compatiable WP and merge your contacts into letter and the program keeps arecord of it automatically. It also keep a record of any email, letter, phone call or meeting you have with anyone in the database. It is great if you are sending out a bunch of letters at once and you want to keep records of it. It also has some of the features that other programs has like symantec Act! Try it, you will love it if you learn all the features that it has.

P.S. There is a pro version and a personal version. If you are on a budget go with the personal ver. as that is the one that I uses and it is great.

Re: I was looking through the FSBOs and… - Posted by rudy

Posted by rudy on March 31, 1999 at 17:00:02:

I use global tracker.

Re: I was looking through the FSBOs and… - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on March 31, 1999 at 15:34:20:

Randy,

My software for the abandoned properties course is designed precisely to do what you’re interested it. It has a “mail magician” module where you schedule up to six letters and six postcards.

You can use my “canned” letters and postcards or create your own. Either way, when you turn the mail magician on, it checks every record where mail the mail is “turned on” and spits out cards or letters or both and then date stamps the record so you can alway track what’s been sent.

It’s 100% autopilot and I could not function without it.

Joe

Re: I was looking through the FSBOs and… - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on March 31, 1999 at 10:24:06:

I use Outlook 98 database w/ a reminder set for the next step.
Pat

Global Tracker - Posted by MarkHOUTX

Posted by MarkHOUTX on March 31, 1999 at 17:16:33:

Rudy, Where can I find more info. about Global Tracker?