I'd like to get your Course BUT.... - Posted by R.M.

Posted by Carol on June 03, 2000 at 07:17:32:

So, tell me, William, how you REALLY feel about it.
(lol)

your friend,
CarolSue BettyJean BillieRae

I’d like to get your Course BUT… - Posted by R.M.

Posted by R.M. on May 31, 2000 at 13:17:20:

I have been reading all your articles on your Web site. I like what you have to say about the paper business. However, even though I have a little knowledge from other courses, some of the things you talk about are soo over my head. (It makes me feel that I’d be in big trouble out there). I’d be lost.
I’d also like your opinion on something you write a lot about. It has to do with getting business. You say to teach Real Estate agents out there the positive aspect of seller financing to help them with closing deals. I just can’t see myself up in front of a group of agents trying to teach something I never even did or really understand. You make it sound like it is the only good way to get business. Obviously, you can handle being up in front of many people. But what about all the others who can’t. Are we doomed?
Here’s my questions:

1. Is it a must to do these group presentations to be a success in this business?
  2. Do you show in your course a step by step business plan for new people?
  3. In your Mentoring Associate program, can you please explain exactly what you do and what you don’t do with me?
    I would like to get your course but I have some doubts about it. I’d appreciate it if you would please answer my questions to see if I am suited for the paper business. I’d like the opportunity to work with you. Thank for your time.

Re: I’d like to get your Course BUT… - Posted by ML

Posted by ML on May 31, 2000 at 15:24:55:

I have only one thing to say:

“What the human mind can conceive, the human mind can achieve”.

ML.

Greatest fear people have - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 31, 2000 at 15:20:34:

Surveys say that more people fear public speaking than fear death. Almost that they would rather be the funeral than speak at it.

So here’s your questions and my answers.

1. Is it a must to do these group presentations to be a success in this business?

You don’t have to speak to large groups. Networking with Realtors can be one on one. Speaking to groups only serves to reach more people quicker.

One reason I encourage people to take the licensing course is to have some of the same background and knowledge as the agents they deal with. You don’t have to sit for the exam or get a license. Most people come away astounded at how little Realtors actually know and have a great deal more confidence among them.

Presentations to agents can begin very simply if you choose to go that route. It can be 60 seconds. “Hi I’m John, here’s a brochure. These are the service I offer you and your clients. Thanks - Bye.”

I’ve always like the story of the limo driver that shuttled his important client a professor from speech to speech. The scientist was feeling a little under the weather one day and the drive joked how he had heard the presentation so many times he could give it.

SO HE DID. It went well - until the end when he opened it up for questions. He was asked a question so complicated he couldn’t have even repeated it. He replied. Oh, that’s simple. It’s so simple my limo driver in the back could answer it - and turned the mic over to him.

The point is you don’t need to take questions. You can later, but even then may not want to. AND you do not want to try to teach the agents much. You’d have better luck teaching a Gorilla to “Square Dance”.

First, agents do not know much about paper - though some think they do. I’m a fairly good teacher and I find it difficult to teach them. Second, they don’t want to know much about paper. That’s part of why it is difficult to teach them.

What they want to know is that you know. Your role is just to show them some possibilities, not how to do it themselves. I take the TV stunt show approach with them “kids - don’t try this at home”. All they need to know is my phone number.

In the articles you mentioned I do talk about teaching continuing education courses to them, but that is only taking it a few steps farther. It is not needed or a requirement for success in the note business.

1. Do you show in your course a step by step business plan for new people?

The video course goes from Step one through step 100. It does go into some advanced topics and principles. Some of the article excerpts address that because it is the area of understanding that is most lacking in this business. People have a little bit of a grasp of the basics, but no concept whatsoever about the potential. So, I try to tease them a little about the potential to wake them up. Unfortunately it appears intimidating to some.

The video course does go about notes in a step by step manner. How to find, fund, discount, qualify, collect, improve, etc. Over 5 full days there is a great deal of material and it wraps up with a personalized step by step plan at the end.

There is SO MUCH information that you may (and should) wear the videos out. The course goes broader and deeper than any out there, but still it starts at the very beginning and teaches you how to stage your involvment in the business.

You don’t have to go out and buy an apartment complex with paper created through a collateral rental and then do a stock cooperative with a staged sale of partials to leave yourself a retirement cash flow and set yourself up for life in one deal.

You start simply. Find and broker a few notes. Then develop some internal funding and start keeping the notes. Then begin trading and improving the notes. Then on to syndication and portfolio pools.

The difference isn’t that I only show advanced principles. The difference is that I don’t only teach people to broker notes to me like most do. The basics are there too - but that isn’t all there is.

I’ve had many very successful students that go out looking for further education. They come back to me with comments like “they have never learned anything in any of the other courses that they didn’t first learn from mine.” One reason is I don?t hold back on creative ideas and techniques. Another is that I?ve been at this almost 24 years. Another is that many of the courses and ideas out there stem from my materials. I just don?t always get the credit for where the idea originated.

1. In your Mentoring Associate program, can you please explain exactly what you do and what you don’t do with me?

Let?s start with what I don?t do. I don?t wake people up in the morning and give them a pep talk about why they should care about getting ahead in life. I don?t read the materials to them over the phone. I don?t buy into BS and excuses. I hold them accountable for their goals and their word. I don?t call you. You call me and if it is more than a week lapsed time you better have a good reason.

I don?t limit the time or amount of calls ? providing they are substantive. I don?t spend hours on ?what if? scenarios for dreamers. We talk about today and this week not last year or next decade. We don?t talk about what happens if you buy a note and the payor?s wife runs off with his boss and he loses his job and the attorney charges too much for foreclosure and what happens if while the property is awaiting resale a 747 crashes into the roof. - - - - to a client that hasn?t even bought or brokered a note yet.

It is a very reality centered situation. No ?hype? and no ?enabling?. If ?stuff? gets in your way, we?ll deal with it and move on ? not dwell on it. If sabotege is a problem, we?ll talk about it, look at it and create a plan to deal with ALL aspects of what is required for success.

I won?t set your goals for you or set you up for failure. You set your goals. I may challenge them and clarify them, but they will be yours and you will be accountable. I don?t ?beat someone up? if they don?t keep their goals ? we just look at what got in the way and what your intention really was.

I don?t put some $7/hr assistant on the phone to read to you from a manual or sell you something else. I and only I handle the calls. No one I know can do what I do. I don?t charge for further materials, seminars, etc. except occasionally the cost of production.

I don?t hold a firm fast time limit on the program. If someone has something that interferes for some time period I will put the program on hold. My commitment is to success not to signing someone up year after year.

I don?t accept everybody. If someone does not have what I consider the time, desire and guts to be successful by my estimation, I will not accept them. I don?t fix people or do it for them. Yet, I will do all I can to assist the willing.

What I do?

Guide you through the educational aspect and answer questions that help you have a basic foundation. I do encourage you and use years of training and facilitating that I have done in the field of personal development to break through blocks and barriers.

I assist you in developing a PERSONAL plan that is suited for you, your area, your circumstances and your goals. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL! This is about you and your success financially and in all areas of your life.

We take things step by step. Take the next couple steps and call back ? whether that is a week or an hour. We use phone, fax, voice mail, ICQ, the discussion group, chat rooms ? anything that will assist the communication.

Refer to the article titled ?3 basic ingredients of success?. We address the three areas. Education, resources and intention.

We begin with finding and funding notes and grow from there. My goal is that before the end of the year you are a successful, independent, full time note investor.

Re: Greatest fear people have - Posted by William, Cols, OH

Posted by William, Cols, OH on June 02, 2000 at 11:07:36:

I can attest to Mr. Behle’s course being the most informative, all-inclusive, productive and value-laden
course I have ever purchased. Never have I seen so much useful information provided in one course and in written/visual format than his offers. I would venture to state that NO ONE even comes close to providing the amount of education in one course as does John Behle. And all that at an amazingly outstanding value-packed low ITV on my part. I am comparing it to other courses I’ve taken or heard presented, etc. There are programs out there charging people $5,000 to $7,000 for just a basic overview of the business, believe me. There are others charging the same price as John but offering maybe one-twentieth the amount of information.
It Is The Best One Available by far!!!

Re: Greatest fear people have - Posted by R M

Posted by R M on May 31, 2000 at 16:08:49:

John,

Thanks for answering my questions in such detail.

I’d feel more comfortable talking to agents on a one to one basis (not sure have to go about it though)

Hope to be talking to you soon.

RM