Ideas/suggestions for newbie investors? - Posted by Brandon Treat

Posted by Brad on November 10, 2000 at 18:54:54:

Go over JPipers house and ask him. He lives in Missouri as well and his door is always open or at least that 's what he says anyway.

Nothing like an eye to eye, investor to investor chat with Missouri buds huh?

Ideas/suggestions for newbie investors? - Posted by Brandon Treat

Posted by Brandon Treat on November 10, 2000 at 17:49:22:

Hello my name is Brandon, I’ve been reading and doing a post now and again for several months, I’m a typical newbie who is constantly looking for opportunities but has not been fortunate enough (hardworking enough?) to get into my first deal, what I’m wondering is does anyone have any idea’s for new investors to get their start or make seed money to get going?

A week or so ago Sir Bill Gatten posted a technique by which you find properties with 2nd or 3rd loans on them held by out of state lenders, use an option to purchase them at a discount, and then help to refinance the original property. The result of which a nice return on your time, but I’ve been trying to apply this and have had alot of trouble in my area.

Does anyone else have any similar ideas or suggestions for newbies such as myself (and the countless others out there as made obvious by this wonderful forum) that might help one finally get their start in this noble career path?

Thank you all for your time,
Brandon Treat
KRONO (from IL(very near st.louis MO))

Investors Toolbox - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on November 11, 2000 at 10:51:39:

The method of Bill Gatten’s that you are referring to is only one tool that Bill uses to do deals. It is unlikely that this particular method is Bills bread and butter, but just another way to find another deal. You need to fill your toolbox up. The more types of deals that you know how to do, the more deals you will get done. I would suggest looking toward wholesaling and assigning of L/O’s to generate quick cash.

Steve

Re: Ideas/suggestions for newbie investors? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on November 10, 2000 at 19:25:40:

Get the knowledge, Find Real Deals and the money will not be a problem… partnering on deals to get half is better than doing no Deals and Gettin’ Nuthin’

David Alexander