If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by Bryan (VA)

Posted by K MCDONALD on March 03, 2002 at 13:54:21:

EBAY is an online auction site where one can buy and sell items its located at http://www.ebay.com
you name it ebay will prob have it

If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by Bryan (VA)

Posted by Bryan (VA) on February 24, 2002 at 19:22:58:

I see a lot of questions on here about courses and people and asking if they are worth the money and time…truth be known…the question lies within you and only you can answer it. If you are looking for good things about these courses and people…you will find them. If you are looking for bad things about these courses and people…you will find it. Look in the mirror and ask that person standing there if this is what you want to do, then and only then will you have the best answer you need. Its called guts and tenacity to go out there, against the grain and accomplish what you want to. Don’t listen to anyone but yourself, if you try and fail, at least you tried. If you don’t try, you’ll succeed everytime!!! Its easy to sit and do nothing and carry on the way you have for the past 5-10-15 years but I am certain that nothing has changed. Take a deep breath, find a technique that works for you and give it everything you have…and only then will you have the answers to these questions…

Re: This is a must read for all new investors. - Posted by Dan-fl

Posted by Dan-fl on February 25, 2002 at 06:26:04:

Great post.I could not of said it better myself.

Re: If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by Jim Stewart

Posted by Jim Stewart on February 24, 2002 at 20:49:58:

Here, here! You HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! I don’t own the course but I’ve been contemplating it. My problem is that I am already a real estate investor (agent/broker)and have been successful at it. I buy mostly distressed properties (of course)for below appraised value, fix them up and either resell them, refinance them and/or owner finance them. However I’ve yet to purchase a home for Zero down and receive money back at closing. Initially I used a revolvong credit on my personal house and credit cards to repair the homes and get my money back within 30 to 60 days via an equity loan or refinancing. I also buy owner-financed homes for minimum down and re-owner finance them for the maximum down payment I can get. I’m sure these are some of the techniques used by Carlton but I’m curious if he has more techniques that would benefit me? The course seems worth the value considering everything you get. Having the “GUTS” is not the issue for me its the thought of buying what I already know (as arrogant as that may sound). Your thoughts please. Thanks

Buy a course to add to your tool box - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on February 25, 2002 at 09:12:18:

Jim From what you post you have a system of investing that works for you. That is the good part. You are already in the game. But as you know there are many ways to invest. May I suggest looking at more than just this C-S course but look on creonline’s list of courses and pick one that zero’s in on one area of investing. For example Joe Kaizer has several courses each one just shows you how to go out and do that type of deal in great detail. Hunt for Abandoned Propertys, Ultimate Lease option, or Totally Dominate your Foreclosure Marketplace. Each one of these courses go into great detail on that very subject.

Now C-S course is very light in its coverage of any one of these and other ways to invest. It is good for newibes and I think it has put alot of people on the path to investing. But in your case your doing deals, and your in the Real Estate field. Why not fine tune your investing tool box with one of Joe’s courses or any of the great courses here on Creonline.

If however you feel you just have to have C-S course why not go to Ebay and get one. I see them on there most every week going for about half of retail.

I hope you see my slant on this Jim. There are many ways and many paths in investing-- You choose that path that feels right for you.

I like Lease/Options and or Subject-to and doing Lonnie deals. With preforeclosure thrown in from time to time. I will add to these areas of investing by buying more courses that help me fine tune my chosen areas of investing. I did buy the C-S course at fire sale prices and read it like I would read a novel. For the entertainment value not for any investing I could get from it.

The very best of investing to you.
investorrob

Re: If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on February 25, 2002 at 07:45:32:

Jim; locate a used course for very reasonable price. That way, you can still gleen some good info without a large investment. You are doing well and are not desperate for a course. Hope this helps.

Re: If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on February 28, 2002 at 23:45:29:

Ebay has these courses very reasonable. I had to replace mine once.

Re: If I may be so bold!!! - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 03, 2002 at 10:08:45:

What is EBAY? Thanks for any clarification.