If this ad doesn't work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 28, 2003 at 12:45:17:

nt

If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 27, 2003 at 18:53:36:

I am running my 3rd week with a slightly different ad. Trying to sell a small mobile. 12X48 or so. 2/1. Needless to say, that isn’t everyone’s favorite.
Any ideas about how to target certain people?
I don’t want to put a specefic down payment and payment in the ad until I have to.
Philip

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by George

Posted by George on September 05, 2003 at 11:45:42:

103 degrees? You must live near me in Oklahoma? If so, give me a call 405-598-6063. I live in Tecumseh. Anyone out there doing mobiles - call or email and lets network and help each other.

wise man say . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 28, 2003 at 10:26:02:

• these numbers are negotiable, as long as its reasonable - - -

“2 bedroom, cozy, all appliances, large private lot, pets OK, owner will finance $250/mo, EZ down.
1-800-FIL-IPMO”

Put a middle of the road payment in the ad (if your min is 200, put 250), EZ down (I won’t take less than 500, and rarely that low - goes like this:

they: “How much is ‘EZ down?’”
oui: “How much do you have?”
“I have $2300”
“We can work with that. . .”, or,

“Well, how much do you require?”
"We’d like to get at least $1000, but if you pay more, your loan will be shorter.
“well, I don’t have that much”
“How much DO you have?”
“X-hundred dollars”
"If you want to pay a little less, the loan will be more (NOTE: not ‘longer’, but ‘more’ - that leaves your jugglability (my word) more open) “so that we can balance our risk. But we can work with that.”

If it really comes down to where they want the number, still don’t give it.

“we can get together on something once you see the home, and if you want to move forward.”

If they REALLY press for a number, and haven’t hung up on you yet, give it. ALL numbers (terms) are negotiable, as long as it’s reasonable.

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on August 28, 2003 at 06:30:36:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/29862.html
This 0% interest is amazing, and structured right will yield more than 12-14% interest. (just add in the total interest). i love 14x70’s and do pay a premium for them, buy yhese short boxes sell well to seniors and young families just starting out. Offer a senior discount on application fee and credit check and go for it!

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on August 28, 2003 at 06:21:53:

Philip

Stick with the price you are asking. i’ve recently sold two 12 X 48 for $5000 each but it took me nearly 3 months on both. the buyers are out there, they just haven’t seen your ads yet. the price you’re asking is not outrageous. i didn’t get all cash for mine but $500 down for each and $208 amonth for 2 yrs at the rate of 10% is not bad at all. Oh try lease to own it’s a great way to sell your trailer.

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on August 27, 2003 at 21:58:29:

What’s the ad say?
Lyal

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Dave-WA

Posted by Dave-WA on August 27, 2003 at 19:02:00:

Can I ask what you paid for it and what you would like to get for it?

I called on a 12x43 that was in the paper about three weeks ago and the guy wants $6k cash or $7500 financed with $1k down and $200/mo.

I really hope he gets his price. Just think what a 14x70 would be worth.

Re: wise man say . . . - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 28, 2003 at 12:51:50:

That is very similar to what I have done on the other few deals I have done…I just haven’t had much response to this one. It has been 103 degrees here at times…I think I will blame the weather.
Some ask for numbers. Some want to see the home.
Oh, well…we shall see.
Philip - Thanks

Thanks, what part of the world are you in? nt - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 28, 2003 at 13:02:47:

nt

his price is too low - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 28, 2003 at 10:08:48:

really, Dave, this is what you get! and more!

Re: If this ad doesn’t work, I need a SUPER-AD! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 27, 2003 at 19:20:07:

invested = 1800.00
asking = 5000.00
down = 500.00
I was going to do a lease/option for about a year to defer taxes and let them build more than $500.00 equity.

Some on this board say “Ask more!”

Do you think I am asking too much?

This would be financed over 2 years or so, payments would be 200-225 per month plus lot rent.

I know a man in a nearby park that got 6k out of an older 12 wide, but it had an add-on room. He did have to wait a while.

Could I somehow make this attractive to seniors? Or single folks?

Just because I am asking 5k doesnt mean I have to get quite that much.

thanks for any insight, Philip

Wipe on, Wipe off - Posted by Dave-WA

Posted by Dave-WA on August 28, 2003 at 11:19:30:

Thanks, Mr Miyagi :slight_smile:

Don’t mention it…!!! - Posted by Doug (Alabama)

Posted by Doug (Alabama) on August 27, 2003 at 21:34:46:

Phillip,
I would suggest you list the down and monthly payment only. The total price is irrelavent to most buyers. They just want to know how much out of pocket to get in and how much a month. Figure 200-250 a month minimun (check local rental prices) and let it go for 32-36 months. Thats 6,400 to 9,000, depending on which payment and how long. Most buyers will jump on this to own their own place. After that they just have lot rent and they are happy.
Good luck, that was my 2¢
Doug

Re: Don’t mention it…!!! - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on August 28, 2003 at 05:44:51:

I may have to put the payment amount in there. I never put the total.
I like to leave myself as much upward room as possible, but I may have to break that rule and state an number this time.
thanks, philip

Re: Don’t mention it…!!! - Posted by JimS

Posted by JimS on August 28, 2003 at 12:27:01:

My ads don’t work unless I put a down and a monthly. I never say total price as it scares them off or doesnt’ motivate them to call. Here is an ad I have running right now. got the idea from a guy here and it works pretty well. Also, another one I use.

No Banks,No Brokers,No B.S.!
Owner Finance $1500 down/$380 mo.
3/2 Nice Mesquite Park
xxx-xxx-xxxx

NO BANKS: Will finance!
3-2, 16x80, in Seagoville Mobile Home Park.
Flexible terms with small down payment.
(XXX)XXX-XXXX.