If you are not an attorney, please ... - Posted by DMD

Posted by DMD on August 28, 2003 at 10:01:33:

I see all your points and your helps with regard to non-legal issues are and will be appreciated by the posters if they are helps. The problem is that a lot of you, try to answer questions which are really legal issues. If you are not sure about your answers, it’s better just shut up and. You know the saying a jar half full…

If peope don’t come to this board to learn and “teach” the right thing, regardless of being free or not, it’s useless and wasting time. Exactly for this reason, the host of this board prohibits people who are not attorneys to answer LEGAL questions. The attorneys have better chance to answer it right than you do, I believe.

If you are not an attorney, please … - Posted by DMD

Posted by DMD on August 27, 2003 at 15:41:43:

I understand this board is educational, but the posters really would like to have some clear good advices. I see many people who give advices but do not clearly indicate if they are attorneys. Pretty often, after reading all the different suggestions by different people, the posters get nothing but confusion. I would strongly suggest that if you are not an attorney, you don’t advice, or indicate that you are not an attorney but your experience of dealing with attorney for a similar situation may help the poster. Besides, at the beginning of this board, it clearly says that if you are NOT an attorney, please do not give advice.

Re: Feel free - Posted by Ed Copp

Posted by Ed Copp on August 27, 2003 at 20:00:24:

to disregard any postings that you read here. They are worth just exactly what you paid for them.

Incidentally advise, and advice are two distinctly different words. So please be clear in your use of them ( I am not a teacher either).

Oh, incidentally I am not an attorney, but I am a Real Estate Broker. From time to time an attorney on this board will refer a question to me to answer indicating that my expertise on the subject has credibility.

May I suggest that if you need an attorney that you hire one. If you are interested in duscussion this is the place to be. No charge, and no guarantees.

Re: Feel free - Posted by DMD

Posted by DMD on August 28, 2003 at 10:20:07:

Ed Copp,

See my reply to “River” below.

Incidentally, picking up some grammar issue from a post does not seem to be what this board is intended. My first language is not English, but I may just find some grammer problems from your post. You really want to win that battle? See the following:

“Incidentally advise, and advice are two distinctly different words.”

Did you mean “Incidentally, advise and advice are two distinctly different words.” You knew how to use a comma, didn’t you?

“From time to time an attorney on this board will refer a question to me to answer indicating that my expertise on the subject has credibility.”

Did you know that this sentence misses at least two commas, and what is worse, can you find the “subject” of the phrase “indicating…”? Is it the attorney that indicates, or what? You use “will refer”. How do you know, and who cares what WILL happen to you?

Seriously, please don’t try to be cute. The only reason we come to this board is to learn or to help.

Re: Feel free - Posted by River City

Posted by River City on August 28, 2003 at 07:59:18:

I am not an attorney,either. I am a Regulatory Compliance Officer for the mortgage industry. My job is to interpret the laws and regulations passed by Congress and the individual states regarding the mortgage industry. I advise lenders on how to comply with those laws. Some of the best advice you can receive is from someone who has been there, not necessarily from an attorney. Like Ed said, if you want legal advice, pay for it.

Sometimes we might put something silly into our answers to get someone’s attention.

Get a grip!!

Re: As I srated - Posted by Ed Copp

Posted by Ed Copp on August 28, 2003 at 12:28:34:

I ain’t no teacher, neither.

If’n I was, it wood still do no good for ewe. Too bad fer ewe.

Get a life, and that is a suggestion, not advise (verb) or advice (noun) (or not hoo noos).