Im 16 and need to know the truth - Posted by Alex

Posted by mtd1523 on August 11, 2004 at 23:34:41:

I’m 21, just got the Carleton Sheets course. I haven’t made any deals yet, but I can tell you that reading it was definitely worth my time. It makes you realize how easy it is, and there really aren’t any tricks to it. It’s all common knowledge that he has put together for 30 some years so you don’t have to wait that long to figure it out.

Remember, that it’s not a get-rich-quick program and it’s possible you can be “wealthy” in 5 years, but I wouldn’t try and take the chances where you’re putting all of your money on the line. Take it one deal at a time and the properties will speak for themselves.

You’re still young, younger than most people who want to take control of their finances, and trying to be wealthy by the time your 21 isn’t something that should be of concern. It would be great to have it that way, but being young, you have alot of time for your properties to appreciate, and if you save your money in an interest-bearing account, the time value of money and compounding will greatly benefit you.

Good luck!

Im 16 and need to know the truth - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on August 11, 2004 at 20:50:16:

Im 16 and i really want to be wealthy as i grow older, preferably in the next 5 years. Does the Carleton Sheets course really work? Has it worked for any of you? Please let me know, because i don’t want to waste my time reading it.

Re: Im 16 and need to know the truth - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on September 15, 2004 at 16:55:41:

Real Estate investing works, Carleton Sheets is a fine “Introductory” course into general real estate investing constructs.

However, regardless of what you do to EARN your money, the most proven way to become wealthy is to consistently live on less than you make, avoid consumer debt and save.

Re: Im 16 and need to know the truth - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on August 17, 2004 at 09:29:29:

Alex, if you really want to get started young.
Buy your first house, with a basement. Make sure you can cut off the basement from the upstairs, rent out the upper and live in the basement. You are young you can put up with a hot plate and microwave. Until you get a suite built. The upper rented should cover most of your mortgage. In a year or 2 you will have enough equity to start buying more houses.
So without a lot of garbage you can get started fairly easy without trying to con someone out their home.
You can probably only do this when you are young and don’t have a family. When that happens they might want more than just an unfinished basement to live in.
Good luck.

Re: Im 16 and need to know the truth - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on August 14, 2004 at 20:45:56:

I went through the Carleton Sheets course yrs ago. I am now a full-time rehabber. I don’t know what influence the Sheets course had; I’ve gone through a LOT of material. I imagine I’ve gotten profitable information from just about every RE course I’ve listened to.