I'M DONE WITH REAL ESTATE I QUIT - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by Nat on June 30, 2002 at 18:02:26:

yeah right,

while most of us are struggling and now your complaining about having some success.you might as well share some of your success techniques,i’m not asking all but the few you could say it’s effective.

Nat

I’M DONE WITH REAL ESTATE I QUIT - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by waynepdx on June 29, 2002 at 22:30:56:

Today was the icing on the cake for me.

Let me break it down for you.

Yesterday I bought magnetic “I buy houses” sign and put them on my truck.

I put up some more bandit signs, and the majority of the letters I mailed out, well people started calling me.

Well I could not get a moments peace to myself all day.

I went and looked at three properties and made an offer on one of them.

Well while I was looking at one of the properties, the neighbor came over and starting talking to me about a rental house they have on the other side of town and how many problems they were having with the tenants.

During this whole time, my cell phone was ringing off the hook.

It was getting so dang annoying. Here I am talking with people about deals that appear to be falling right in my lap, and these inconsiderate people are calling me and wanting me to take their properties.

The nerve of some people really astound me, You think they would have the common courtesy to take a number or wait an hour to call me to talk about their properties.

Well I am fed up and I am quitting real estate for the day now. (yah right, I will be on here again in an hour and read the same stuff for a 5th time).

I will start again tomorrow.

Question for you … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 30, 2002 at 20:58:31:

You put up bandit signs, got a magnetic sign and did some mailings.

You’ve got your phone ringing off the hook.

What state are you in? I’m just curious.

RL

Re: I’M DONE WITH REAL ESTATE I QUIT - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on June 30, 2002 at 10:47:10:

I can understand your frustrations, being a long time investor myself. The two best days are the day you buy and the day you sell the real estate. Everything else in between is a lot of work.

Also, remember, you don’t have to answer the phone every time it rings. Let the answering machine ring and pick up the messages. You then control the time when you can respond.

Pace yourself and only do as many deals that you can comfortably. You will cut down on the number of mistakes that you make. Remember, you must do due dilligence on each property. Every one who just wants out may just want to hand their problem over to you. You have to decide if this is a problem(s) that you can handle.

I once heard of a story where an investor disposed of a property because they were intimidated by the bikers who moved in. The investor who bought the property drove over and talked to the new tenants and found out they were a bunch of nice guys who liked to hang out and fix their bikes. They paid their rent on time.

Re: I’M DONE WITH REAL ESTATE I QUIT - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on June 30, 2002 at 01:13:07:

i hate and envy you. lol

You are right - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on June 30, 2002 at 20:23:58:

Peter,
You are right, most bikers are VERY nice people.
It always amazes me to hear people get intimidated by the “Biker image”.
If people would just realize that today, buying a new Harley is a VERY expensive endeavor, they’d soon realize that the vast majority of bikers are good, honest, hard working people.

They are also by and large a very charitable group.
Just take a look at all the bike runs that go on all over the country to raise funds for different causes.

Heck, if a potential tenant or buyer tells me they are a biker, then I’m thrilled.
Then again, being one myself, I MIGHT be a bit prejudice in my opinions when it comes to bikers.

Good angle there maybe though…when I see a house I want, perhaps going to it with a large group of riding buddies would help to convince people they need to sell?
hmmmmmmm??

Take care,
Jim FL

Re: I’M DONE WITH REAL ESTATE I QUIT - Posted by Michael_NJ

Posted by Michael_NJ on June 30, 2002 at 07:43:02:

Why are you complaining then… People are have problems finding deals and yours are just falling on your lap… Listen how about you just forward those leads to me and I’ll deal with these annoying people… LOL