I'm Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Robin

Posted by Zane on December 26, 2000 at 23:14:00:

Go for it Keef! Its worth thousands!! Once when I first started investing I walked into a seller’s home with course in hand just like Sheets said NOT to do so the seller said, “What system are you using?” No use lying I said Sheets, Hicks and others. He said 5 years ago he was a broker. He bought the course and now works for himself as the owner of several NYC homes and buildings.
He tried to explain to me how to buy his house no money down but tragically I was not ready at the time. The point is don’t just buy the course but use it right away. Life is short!

I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Robin

Posted by Robin on December 17, 2000 at 17:52:04:

I have recently started the Carelton Sheets course and I would like for someone to honestly tell me about what it’s like when you actually start looking for investment properies. I am very excited about this but also very sceptic. Is this course really what I need to know about how to get started. Please help someone who’s done it.

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by dee

Posted by dee on January 28, 2001 at 21:36:59:

I’m also scared! I’ve had C. Sheets program for 3 years (sitting in the closet). Hard times, and tired of being broke have motivated me to action. How are you doing with the program? Have you made any purchases?

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Jerri

Posted by Jerri on December 28, 2000 at 21:01:45:

It’s frightening when you start. You don’t reaally feel confident in yourself and what you think is good properties. Just make lots of calls (there’s no getting around that) and make lots of offers. The important thing to know about the offers is that your first offer will probably be turned down…just make another…and another. Carleton says “if you aren’t making offers that embarass you, you’re offering too much.” So I try to stay embarassed!

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by JFinke

Posted by JFinke on December 19, 2000 at 15:38:01:

The CS course gives you a basic understanding of creative real estate investing, however, the information is only as effective as the person using it. You need to get over your fears and scepticism and open your mind. The CS course teaches many of the techniques used by the pros on this board, but its not the techniques that made them successful. Its their desire to become financially free and their willingness to think outside the box that has made them successful. The CS information will be worthless to you usless you open your mind and motivate yourself to be successful.

JFinke

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Mike-BC

Posted by Mike-BC on December 19, 2000 at 24:00:06:

I bought the CS course a little over two years ago. I had owned several of my own personal residences and had owned two rental houses before buying the course, so I knew a little about buying and renting houses.

The course did several things for me - it motivated me to purchase more properties (I now have 7 rentals, up from 0 at the time I purchased the course), it gave me specific knowledge on how to analyze the cash flow generated by a property and to determine if the property is “worth it”, and gave me ideas on how to manage the property.

Ultimately, people learn best by doing. You will no doubt make a few mistakes along the way, but the point of these courses is to minimize the impact of your mistakes.

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Dave Brassfield

Posted by Dave Brassfield on December 18, 2000 at 22:55:59:

I bought the course 5 years ago and as of last June I quit my job as an Engineer for a major international Airline. I am doing real estate investing and property management (my own) full time. I have about 35 units 5-4 plex, 6 2-plex and 5 houses. I also run a 3-man crew that is doing single-family remodels/resells. I took information from other sources as well, but Sheets definitely got me thinking and talking on the right track

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Zane

Posted by Zane on December 26, 2000 at 23:03:18:

Amen!! And very well said! I had the Sheets material for years and in my bones I knew it was real and relatively simple. If anyone NEEDed to use it I did but I didn’t.

The Sheets info is as good, comprehensive and Authentic as anyone needs. I have used it successfully but only after years of work at Allowing myself to use it.
As for those “belive it or Not” tales of beginners using those principles and having fantastic results in weeks, days, or hours. Yes. Because in those spotlight cases those subjects HAD to use the material and do so IMMEDIATELY. Sheets is ineffective for procrastinators, analysers, and scaredy cats. I know that firsthand!!

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by katie

Posted by katie on December 19, 2000 at 17:35:40:

What if your credit stinks? Can you still by with no money down?

The Course - Posted by keef

Posted by keef on December 21, 2000 at 13:21:15:

I am seriously considering real estate investing. I have not purchased this course but I have seen the advertisement. Would it be to my advantage to purchase this course? Can I purchase the cours on-line? I really need help getting started.

Stinky credit - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on December 20, 2000 at 23:34:43:

If I may stand to correct Mike-BC, as a Canadian Mike we can assume mortgages a lot easier at face value that our US counterparts, As for you credit Katie, I bought my first 5 houses [ good cash flow] on my signature alone. You just as Mike said have to find the right motivated seller. Once you have identified those you will have one of the more important tools in constructing no $ down deals…

good luck
merry X-mas

Re: I’m Scared, please fill me in on C. Sheets - Posted by Mike-BC

Posted by Mike-BC on December 19, 2000 at 19:19:00:

Yes, you can buy property with no money down even if your credit stinks. The challenge is to find the correct property.

The easiest property is one with a motivated seller that has considerable equity in the property. In this way, the seller can provide some, or all of the financing necessary to get in. Lease/options are another alternative to taking possession of property. A third possibility is to trade something of value such as a car as the down payment and then assume the mortgage.