I'm trying to understand a contract - Posted by Judy

Posted by dewCO on November 09, 2000 at 22:30:21:

Gosh, it may be long, but hopefully not that complicated! (Can’t be, otherwise most real esate agents couldn’t use it!!!) Sounds like you need to take the realtor for lunch to get a tutorial.
However, you’ll be thrilled to know that most CREATIVE RE is done without using the state real estate contract.

I’m trying to understand a contract - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on November 09, 2000 at 20:33:34:

I had a realtor loan me a real estate contract. She loaned me the contract as long as I agreed not to try to use it for my own private use. I only wanted to study it for my own knowledge and learning.

After reading the 14 or 15 page contract, I came to the conclusion that no person on this earth with the highest IQ or even a fraction of Albert Eienstein’s Brain could decifer some parts of it.

Why do they make some real estate contracts so complicated?

Thanks

Judy

Re: I’m trying to understand a contract - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 10, 2000 at 17:31:09:

Here’s what the entire 15 pages say:

X is selling a property to Y and Y agrees to hold the broker harmless from everything…FOREVER (i.e., if it was said and it was not supposed to have been said, then the broker didn’t say it; or if it was said and is later proven untrue, then it was never said). And (moreover) if the parties have a problem with that they can sue each other’s brains out (or socks off), but the must leave the beloved broker alone…unless, of course, there is a chance to make the broker’s attorney a bundle of money in a no-brainer defense suit.

That’s pretty much it.

Bill

Re: I’m trying to understand a contract - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on November 10, 2000 at 11:05:24:

So why don’t you post some of the parts you don’t understand and see how many Albert Eienstein’s here it takes to decifer it for you so you can understand it?

14 or 15 pages??? The most I’ve seen were 2 pages in a purchase contract. Other than that the only 14 or 15 page contract I’ve seen was a “Commercial Leases Agreement” pertaining to leasing retail space.