IMPORTANT! To Those of You With Corporations - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on May 25, 1999 at 09:26:46:

This will suffice, but it is more expensive than paying a registered agent service, which charges about $85 per year.

IMPORTANT! To Those of You With Corporations - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on May 24, 1999 at 11:59:23:

According to new postal regulations (postal bulletin 3-25-99), all holders of “postal mail boxes” (e.g., “Mail Box, Etc.”, “Pak Mail”) must file now PS Form 1583 disclosing the identity of the box holder and use the designation “PMB” rather than “suite” in their correspondence.

This, of course, makes it impractical to use these mail center for corporate registered agents or offices, which require a physical address under most state laws.

Accordingly, please disregard this technique as discussed in my LLC and Corporation course materials.

If you have already filed a corporate articles using a postal mail box, make sure you change this to a physical address on with your next annual report with the Secretary of State or Department of Corporations.

Not a Loophole, but an alternative - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Carmen on May 24, 1999 at 22:29:52:

There are many “corporate suites” in my area, where you can “rent” an address for about $50-$200 a month. For this amount you can get your mail there, and for a little more get your calls answered there too, and rent a conference room or office whenever you need it (by the hour, day, week, month - whatever). OK, so $100 is a bit steep - but how about sharing an “address” with a few others (if they’ll let you)? Or asking what their very lowest rate would be just to collect mail there? You may have to find an amenable company who will agree to collect all your mail, but this doesn’t seem like much work for a few bucks. I haven’t tried it, but since these are “real” offices with “real” street addresses and office space, I don’t think they would qualify as PMB. Any thoughts/legal opinions on this?

Makin’ Lemonade … - Posted by HankM

Posted by HankM on May 24, 1999 at 19:02:53:

Gee,

Might be a good time to go into the “registered agent” business, albeit at the expense of the MBE crowd, but hey … it’s a thought.

Hank

Re: IMPORTANT! To Those of You With Corporations - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on May 24, 1999 at 12:26:09:

Mr. Bronchick:

How can one do business this way?