In lieu of $cash$, has anyone? - Posted by SusanL.--FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 16, 2001 at 15:14:42:

Hi Mark,

GLAD to HEAR it! I keep an eye out for ads like yours (but seldom see them). Never know WHEN you can strike up a deal!

You may remember my post last year when I was trying to sell our ?dry docked? boat (in the side yard)—to either trade it or generate an income$ stream (using Lonnie?s method). I DID have a nibble from my newspaper ad. We went back and forth on the phone a few times and were at the point of scheduling a meeting.

UNFORTUNATELY, the teenager deleted all the numbers on our Caller ID (and I hadn?t written down the guys number)! Wasn?t able to contact the him and he never called me back–so that was the end of that? :frowning: [Wasn?t able$ to run another ad at the time either?)

Well! Maybe I?ll get lucky this time with a handful of diamonds!

Susan
:slight_smile:

In lieu of $cash$, has anyone? - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 16, 2001 at 09:36:23:

?had any luck trading something (car/boat/jewelry) for the down payment on r.e.?

I?m sure it?ll be a ?long shot? if I do stumble across a seller willing to do so—but WHAT have I got to lose?

I?m having some jewelry re-appraised today and should be ready to rock ?n roll by sunset!

Re: In lieu of $cash$, has anyone? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 16, 2001 at 17:49:08:

Susan,
Something else you may consider while looking for the seller who will take diamonds as a Dwnpyment, find a consignment store.
You may be able to sell the jewelry there and generate cash to use, all for a small fee.
Just sign an agreement with the store as to the terms, and make one of them the ability to pull the items for sale at any time, with no fees.
Then IF you get a seller who will take stones, then get the stuff back.

You may even try E-bay to sell them.
This has helped me liquidate some assets that were just lying around.

Good luck,
Jim IL

Re: In lieu of $cash$, has anyone? - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on January 16, 2001 at 10:02:51:

Susan,
I have taken items such as this before to put a buyer in a home. I even advertise this to draw more attention to my homes. It’s not something that I prefer to do but you never know what someone would be willing to trade.

For some lenders seasoned funds are needed for the down payment and on one deal my buyer was short some seasoned funds. So we traded their car as part of the down payment.

Since they owned it for more than the period of time seasoned funds were needed the lender accepted it providing we could prove the transaction and transfer of ownership through the paper work.

Your absolutley right, If you don’t ask you won’t know. You have to give them an opportunity to say no. The worst that could happen is they say no. But who knows thay may say yes.

Good luck!
Mark

Thanx. - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on January 17, 2001 at 08:04:27:

Good idea, Jim!

I’m also thinking that, if I DO use them as a trade, I’ll be able to also write off the appraisal fee$ (since it’ll be real-estate related). Wuddaya think??

I’m game! :slight_smile:

Have a good’n

Susie