Increasing Traffic on Website - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by dust on March 04, 2002 at 13:41:12:

mmmm _ If that was you on page 1 - I’d sell you my house for NOTHING!!! LOL

Good Luck & the web site looks fine to me!!

Increasing Traffic on Website - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on March 04, 2002 at 12:23:06:

I’ve had my website up for a couple of months. But I’ve only received one lead from the site. I put the website name in one of my ads, but I’m hoping to get people going on line looking for “WE BUY HOUSES” sites. Any suggestions for increasing hits to my site, locally or otherwise.

I’m in San Diego.

Thanks,
Heidi

Re: Increasing Traffic on Website - Posted by Clare Z

Posted by Clare Z on March 04, 2002 at 23:23:16:

First, nice site.

I did notice that you have no meta tags in your page. Keywords like “real estate, investing, home sales, foreclosure, divorce, etc…” will help people find your site. Also, submit it to search engines. Most have a link for that.

Another thing is to join a webring. This makes your site part of a group of sites and people can find you that way - usually free. Get to be a link on other’s websites. This is usuall reciprical, so if they link to you, you should link to them also - maybe under a page called “resources” or something.

Good luck.

Clare

Re: Increasing Traffic on Website - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on March 04, 2002 at 15:52:58:

I get 2500 Hits a month on mine (Of Course they are nationwide and I am just in Utah) but I hired a good search engine consultant to do my metatag search results and I give aways free email with my domain on it so everyone who sees the email sees my doamin and soemtimes logon to check it out.

Re: Increasing Traffic on Website - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on March 04, 2002 at 12:48:45:

Heidi,
I get quite a few hits on my website, and several seller submission forms monthly.
Saldy, too many of them are not in my local area, but occassionaly I do buy a house from a form submitted.

To increase your traffic, do as you said you are, place the URL on ALL of your marketing materials.
This gives it visibility, and people will look at it.
They may not submit a form, but they will read the website and at least call if they like what they see.

To get more people to surf to your website, and be able to locate it online in search engines, there are a couple of things you can do.

1. Make sure the title the the main webpage has in it what you want people to find you under, like “I buy houses” etc.
  2. Add meta tags, these are keywords located in the code of the page. This is what most search engines use when they scan your website to index it.
    Add into the meta tags words that people may use to seek out a service such as yours.
    You know the type, foreclosure, fast sale, mortgage, rental, houses, we buy houses, etc.
  3. Submit your website URL to the major search engines.
    You can log on to most and click on a “submit URL” feature and do this.
    There are also services out there where you put in your info, and they will submit your URL to several search engines.
    When you registered your URL, many of the registration companies have a feature that helps with this.
    You can submit your website to “Google.com” right at their main web page.

Just log on to a major search engine, like Google or something and search for search engine website submissions.

This is not instantaneous, it may take a few weeks for search engines to have a “Robot” or “Spider” to crawl your website and index it, but it works.
Some search engine companies have “Editors” that actually review your ewbsite before it is indexed, so it gets placed in the appropriate categories.
This also takes some time.

When I first put up my website, I did all this.
After a few weeks it began to show up in the search engines and hits increased.
Again, do not count on your website to be a HUGE lead generator.
Mine is not, but it does get hits.
The majority of my hits come from people who see my marketing material locally, with the website address on it.
They are looking it over and then calling me, just to “check me out”.

Feel free to take a look at mine if you want, just be advised, I’ve not had time lately to update it on a regular basis.
I still need to take some time and add a few houses we have in inventory.
Thankfully, many of my houses get sold before I ever get them online.

Take care,
Jim FL
www.WeBuyHomesFlorida.com

P.S. I did just check the source code for your website, and you are missing meta tags and key words.
So, add those and submit to search engines, your traffic should increase over time.

Did you have… - Posted by Scot - SoCal

Posted by Scot - SoCal on March 04, 2002 at 12:46:57:

someone do your website for you? It looks real good Heidi. Is that you in the pic? :slight_smile:

Sorry I don’t have much help for the ‘hits’ except to put the url on all marketing material.

Always a Plethora of info, Jim… (nt) - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 05, 2002 at 06:48:21:

$

Re: Did you have… - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on March 04, 2002 at 13:09:21:

Yeah - I had someone do the site for me.

No - It’s not me in the pick (I bought those images).

Re: Did you have… - Posted by Anne-MI

Posted by Anne-MI on March 04, 2002 at 20:30:58:

Heidi,
Your website is great! I am working on mine, using Homestead, but am having a hard time finding QUALITY Real Estate related graphics. (Well, I found one, and paid $34.95 for it). Can I ask where you found yours?
Thanks in advance,
Anne in Mi