individualized voice mails - Posted by Dave F

Posted by mike on February 20, 2002 at 09:18:00:

Try Talkworks Pro. I believe it has everything you may need for answering phones.

individualized voice mails - Posted by Dave F

Posted by Dave F on February 19, 2002 at 23:36:58:

Looking for input on a cost-effective way to set up multiple voice mails with a custom message for each property. I am currently renting 5 phone numbers from airtouch which send pages to my beeper. The company only allows 4 ph. numbers per beeper and I don’t even want a beeper – but have to rent two just to get the additional phone numbers. Has anyone found a better way to set up their cutom messages when managing many properties? I am spending $48 mo. and am constantly adding new numbers.

Re: individualized voice mails - Posted by Kent C

Posted by Kent C on February 21, 2002 at 04:19:50:

I manage 19 units and only use ONE phone line dedicated to the biz. When I am out galavantin’ around, I forward the phone to my cell. If I go out of town, I have a friend who will take care of emergencies. I just forward it to him then. Why so many lines?

Kent C

Try this company - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on February 20, 2002 at 18:27:16:

Try this website www.golden-voice.com . They may be what you are looking for.

Happy investing.

Re: individualized voice mails - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on February 20, 2002 at 24:09:20:

You might want to consider having your computer answer the phones. Get an extra phone line into the house and add a modem to the computer. Then get a piece of software to answer the phones and have as many mailboxes as the software provides.

If you check in the archives here, or if someone else remembers the name of the software, it had many mailboxes and it can run with what you want.

Now you wouldn’t have to pay the $48 a month and have beepers for each one, just have the computer call the one beeper or cell phone instead. While an extra phone in the house could cost about $20 a month, it is cheaper than $48 and you don’t have a mailbox limit.

Just an option that would probably be better and more configurable, and cheaper over the long haul.