Inexpensive web hosts? - Posted by LT

Posted by E.Eka on October 15, 2003 at 09:19:28:

It depends what you’re looking for. You can buy a domain name for $8/yr and have it hoseted for free on places like www.bizhosting.com. Or you can pay $25/month to be able to sell stuff. If you’re an RE Investor, and you just want to show houses, that would be a good way. (I mean the first one mentioned)

You can also call a local college and ask the technology department if they have students willing to do a project for a small business owner. I do that a lot with a couple of businesses that I’ve started.

Inexpensive web hosts? - Posted by LT

Posted by LT on October 15, 2003 at 09:12:05:

Hello all,

I’m doing research for a website and would love your suggestions/recommendations for a host that provides all the bells and whistles. I know inet charges $24.95. Are there any others that you know of?

Thanks in advance.

LT

Re: Inexpensive web hosts? - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on October 15, 2003 at 18:25:47:

I have a full ecommerce site hosted by ICDSoft www.ICDSoft.com for $5 per month. Their support is spectacular; it literally could not be better.

They don’t provide the ecommerce tools, although they do make an SQL database available; I had to install and configure my own shopping cart.

Hosting is on Redhat Linux.

Re: Inexpensive web hosts? - Posted by Scott Greiff

Posted by Scott Greiff on October 15, 2003 at 15:26:39:

We provide hosting at http://www.ideaforest.net where we take a lot of the hassle out of updating the content on your site. Our Manila Web hosting puts you in control right inside your Web browser. You don’t need to use complicated software packages to build and maintain your website.

Our hosting plans start at $6/mo and go up to $20/mo for our most full featured plan.

Actually, our own REI site at http://www.seftrust.com is hosted here.

Re: Inexpensive web hosts? - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Glenn on October 15, 2003 at 09:44:35:

I use a host called neureal. I haven’t seen anyone that can come even close to thier prices.