Info on "Subject To" legal papers - Posted by Shane B

Posted by Randy_CA on March 10, 2002 at 14:28:37:

Shane,
Would you mind sharing what book it is you are reading? I am also thinking about getting into the sub2 area. I think the standard advice for forms and other paperwork is to buy one of the courses available on this site. I am trying to learn enough by reading this board to figure out if this is right for me before I take the plunge and buy a course. So if you have found an inexpensive book, that may also help me in my research. I have found a lot of information by searching the archives here under “sub2”. Hope this helps.
Randy

Info on “Subject To” legal papers - Posted by Shane B

Posted by Shane B on March 10, 2002 at 14:04:31:

I’m new at “Subject To” deals. Could someone tell me where do I get the legal forms for a sub-to deal? I’m currently reading a book on these deals, but I haven’t gotten to that part yet and I may have a prospect. Please help!!!

Thank you, Shane

Not the answer you want to hear… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 10, 2002 at 18:34:01:

Shane:

If you are reading the book, and haven’t gotten far enough to know how to proceed, then you are not ready to do a deal.

The last thing that you would want to do is enter into a deal that ends up sour, due to ill preparation, and bring your RE investing career to an end early.

Read the book, buy a course, read the archives, review all posts for about 3 or more months, then do a deal. You will be glad that you handled it this way… when all goes well.

Just the way that I view things…

JT-IN