information broker - Posted by Chuck Black

Posted by Chuck Black on January 27, 2001 at 18:21:58:

Thanks to all for the info. and your thoughts. I guess I am a little frustrated. I worked with several developers last year. I brought them exactly what they had asked for(property not on the market/negotiated price 20-40% below market) and I found out none even visited the properties. I concluded they were all very busy with their projects and it was easy for them to say to me “sure I will work with you, bring me what you have”…I put in 100’s of hours and dollars!

I have about concluded to do them myself and start small. Can anyone recommend a good investment course on flipping…Thanks again guys!

information broker - Posted by Chuck Black

Posted by Chuck Black on January 24, 2001 at 11:20:23:

I am thinking of starting an information brokerage business for investors and developers. My goal would be to find property not on the market and at below market prices and charge a per hour or per lead fee. I have over 10 years experience in working with tax appraisal officials and with property tax records in Texas.(My test runs have produced great results)

Does anyone know of a real estate information broker with whom I could visit? Does anyone think this could be a viable business?

Re: information broker - Posted by BillW

Posted by BillW on January 24, 2001 at 13:44:17:

Chuck, If you have access to this info and can produce qualified leads, there are definitely some investors who would probably pay, however:

1. Most investors will be willing to pay substantially more for leads that actually result in a deal instead of just addresses and names.
  2. If these are really GOOD leads that have a high probability of becoming deals, why not get some under contract and then flip them to investors. This way you could possibly make several thousand per deal rather then selling just addresses for a few dollars each.
    Remember, your potential buyers (investors) only work certain aras that they like and your leads will turn up many addresses in their non preferred areas, so they won’t be interested or won’t want to pay as much.
    Perhaps you should try a few test runs with say, 50 addresses at a time and see how many paying takers you get.
    BillW.

Re: information broker - Posted by Paul NM

Posted by Paul NM on January 24, 2001 at 11:54:57:

Why sell information? If they are really good deals, do them yourself.

If you don’t have the money/credit you need, find some investors. It really is true there is more money looking for good deals than deals in need of money.

Paul NM