Information on John Beck? - Posted by D

Posted by judith wilkes on September 26, 2003 at 11:01:23:

would like more information on how to purchase a home

Information on John Beck? - Posted by D

Posted by D on August 18, 2003 at 13:23:08:

Hi
My husband and I are trying to educate ourselves
in real estate investing. I came across john becks
infomercial. Has anyone ever heard of him? Can anyone tell me anything about this?
Thanks

Re: Information on John Beck? - Posted by juan rodrguez

Posted by juan rodrguez on September 15, 2003 at 06:58:53:

i.am.look to

Course is good - coaching questionable - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on August 20, 2003 at 11:57:34:

Any of the courses John Beck puts out are worthwhile. The problem with the informercial is once they have your name and number you will be pushed very hard toward an expensive coaching program.

The coaching isn’t done by John and they have had minimal training from him. Many are not happy with it, so I would suggest you hold off on spending thousands. Read John’s books, courses and that of other people - then move VERY carefully before spending thousands to talk with some young kid on the phone who may have never even met John Beck. John just receives a royalty for the TV course and the susequent coaching. The company he is contracted with “Genesis” for the infomercial and coaching is questionable.

Re: Information on John Beck? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 18, 2003 at 20:23:39:

D-----

Nice to talk to you again.

As the others suggest, try the archives for comments.

I know John Beck. He is an honest person. The infomercial is slanted toward inducing people to buy the program, of course. They don’t mention the effort required to educate yourself and buy properties this way.

I bought two houses at the Carter County Tax Resale in Ardmore OK in June for about $2,500 total cost for the two. I am talking to one renter about selling the house for about $18K to $20K. I bought a couple of other houses for a total of about $19,500 in Oklahoma County at the same time. Plus, I bought a rundown little house for $250 or so in Frederick, OK. I have it for sale on the internet right now and the current high bid is $1525. The sale ends in about 25 minutes, so I hope there will be a buying frenzy here at the end.

Bought a property with two duplexes and a trailer house on it for about $250+ costs in the same town. I’m talking to the occupants about their buying it. They paid the former owner’s daughter $5,750 for a worthless deed to the property, although only about 10% was in cash. If they can’t get financing, I’ll probably put it up on the internet for sale also. The assessed value for the property is about $11K.

Good Investing*Ron Starr

Re: Information on John Beck?-Try- - - - Posted by Sandra

Posted by Sandra on August 18, 2003 at 17:04:18:

If you will put his name in the search engine for the archives, you will find several comments, mostly good, but not all. Since he went with the infomercial, and evidently contracted or agreed to a company to sell a package of follow up assistance or coaching at very high prices, the new wore off the crystal chandeler. Whether he owns the coaching or not does not make him any less responsible. If everything is not kosher with this coaching package he needs to disassociate himself publically with it and get his name and association off of it. He would gain a lot of stature by doing so.

Re: Information on John Beck? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 18, 2003 at 14:07:53:

D,

I’m not a student of Mr. Beck but I can tell you I have heard nothing but good things about him.

You may want to do an archive search here on this web site about his course.

He also has a web site its www.johnbeck.tv

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Re:To purchase a house - Posted by Benjamin Alabo Nathus

Posted by Benjamin Alabo Nathus on September 09, 2003 at 10:24:35:

How do I purchase a house or estates in the US.