Inherited older MH - Posted by Sandi

Posted by Sandi on August 22, 2003 at 12:55:52:

Thank you for the response. Before I give it away, I am thinking of putting an ad in the local newspaper asking for “best offer”. It’s a beautiful home, and at this point, we will consider any cash offer before making it a donation.

Inherited older MH - Posted by Sandi

Posted by Sandi on August 22, 2003 at 09:47:29:

My 2 sisters and I have inherited a MH in a retirement MH park in northern Wisconsin. It is over 1700 SF and has permanent structures on it (loft, deck, breezeway and family room with fireplace), and is in good condition. Our problem is that because it is over 25 years old, no one can get a mortgage, so we are left with only cash buyers. We are willing to go very low on the price just to get rid of it, but have had no offers this summer. Because of the area, property only sells in the summer, so we will have to hold onto it for another year. We have considered donating it to take the charitable deduction, but I don’t know if that is even an option. Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Re: Inherited older MH - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on August 22, 2003 at 11:57:25:

Sandi,
Scroll down this forum, and look for posts by Al(WI). Open one of his posts, and click on his name at the top, this will give you his email address. I don’t know if Al can help you or not, but he’s in your state, and may know how to help you out. Good Luck.

Re: Inherited older MH - Posted by Mr. C

Posted by Mr. C on August 22, 2003 at 10:49:03:

You can either offer seller financing and carry the note, or do the donation/deduction.