inquiry about getting program - Posted by Ms. Wheeler

Posted by Randy on July 23, 2003 at 10:14:57:

Check out EBAY.com, enter Carleton Sheets in the search, I just did and there are 138 hits on his stuff

inquiry about getting program - Posted by Ms. Wheeler

Posted by Ms. Wheeler on July 23, 2003 at 09:04:56:

I just went to a website that said the offer that Carleton offers is just a “bait” to get you to buy more information.
Right now I live paycheck to paycheck and money is very tight. Is this true. His program sounds great but I don’t want to be strung along! Can one really do things with the tapes he offers.

Check out your library - Posted by English Jan

Posted by English Jan on July 24, 2003 at 16:23:08:

Hi
Find books and courses in your library system … it’s FREE …
That shoud start you off.
EJ

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by terry

Posted by terry on July 23, 2003 at 23:38:26:

hi
have the sheets program, regretfully paid full price.
does not give you enough info; they will try to sell you a mentoring program for 2 grand.
best advice; read everything on all sites at least 3 times.
i highly recommend resultsnow.com.
these 2 guys have written two excellent books and one of them is free.
also check multiple streams of income.com ,
this is robert allens site and has lots of excellent free info and conference calls, this site also gives away free books on the conference calls.
go to the archives and get jim kennedys reading list, it was on the summer of 2001.(excellent resource)
the library has lots of these books and tapes.
always try to buy everything used or through group sharing.(local real estate groups)
buy used on ebay or at local thrift stores and used book shops.
good luck and have a great day!
terry

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by Mark Haugsten

Posted by Mark Haugsten on July 23, 2003 at 22:03:17:

Check out

Carleton Sheets stuff is ghost written, old information. Freely found everywhere, including your city library. I found a whole CS Program at a used book store for $10 once, it was overpriced.

Honest info is available at Reed’s site.

Mark Haugsten

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on July 23, 2003 at 21:19:02:

Yep. You can get most of the info here and other places for free though.

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by Stewart

Posted by Stewart on July 23, 2003 at 18:40:11:

I would have to echo the other’s comments.

I started with buying the CS stuff. They have not called me after the first order but they did however suggest other items on the initial call, at least with me. It was a good place for me to start as it covered several topics. It is a relatively cheap course to start with, but definitly if you want it get used off of Ebay.

However, the best advice IS to just start reading everything on CREonline. I was focused on rehabbing but then went through other ideas (foreclosures, l/o, wholesale, sub2) until I decided on one. Here you will see suggestions on best books to buy and several “gurus” who are actually good sources for REI including tips on the legal side of things.

I also have went to Borders and just sat around reading RE books, which was good to start, but I quickly learned most of what is there is outdated (not all). I also can’t say enough for joining local clubs.

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 23, 2003 at 13:11:54:

Ms. Wheeler,

I purchased the Sheets course years back and never ran into a problem.

Since money is tight for you why not try to pick up some of the older courses on ebay? Or try his book, you can pick it up on amazon for about 15 bucks.

After reading it you can decide if the course is right for you or not.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: inquiry about getting program - Posted by BobJ (Md)

Posted by BobJ (Md) on July 23, 2003 at 10:50:34:

Spend some quality time here before you buy anything. The Sheets course is a general overview of a lot of different areas of real estate investing. You can learn an awful lot by reading the posts on this site, and also reading all the success stories and articles. After a few weeks absorbing all this free information, you’ll start to develop a feel for what type of investing interests you.

Yes, the Sheets course will lead to other “opportunities” to spend money with them. You just have to keep saying, “No Thank You” to their telemarketing calls. If you decide that you want the course, you can buy it from eBay for about a fourth of the regular price (or less).

BobJ (Md)