Insuring Multiple Properties - Posted by Rex

Posted by Rich-CA on May 07, 2007 at 09:06:21:

While I am sure there are others, I insure with Farmers. Their Truck division (don’t ask about the name, I have three agents, none of whom can explain t) has a multi property “apartment” policy that I use for insuring multiple properties. It has pretty good coverages as well…

Insuring Multiple Properties - Posted by Rex

Posted by Rex on May 07, 2007 at 08:48:21:

Insurance expense is a significant number for my portfolio of rentals. I have high deductibles to keep the premium down. can I squeeze it further?

I wonder if there is an insurance company out there which would issue a blanket policy on 50+ properties, and offer a significant discount when compared to 50+ individual policies.

anyone?

Auto Owners Ins. - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on May 07, 2007 at 09:55:50:

Rex:

Yes, master policy that will handle each property as you add or delete them… and this is only for occupied properties with tenants. Unoccupied rehabs are insured through Builders risk Plan, (underwritten by Zurich).

No, on the significant discount… You may save on the cost of multiple policy fees but this is a small portion of the premium.

There are other advantages such as immediate coverage, in the odd event that you forgot to contact your agent upon purchase. More cohesive to adds and deletes by memo rather than a whole new application. I guess that is simpler. I really couldn’t imagine having a separate policy for each or 50 props…

JT-IN