INTERESTING SITUATION - Posted by r.b. in texas

Posted by Jim C on November 09, 2000 at 21:28:03:

If there are that few of buyers, then you should probably be able to get a really good deal on a house, but make sure that it is a REALLY good deal. Then maybe you can sell it yourself for less than what it’s worth so it’ll sell a little quicker, but if you do that, be prepared to hold onto it for a while. If you don’t want to do that, maybe you can rent it out or Lease/Option it to someone.

It doesn’t matter what type of market you’re in, whether it’s a buyer’s market or a seller’s market. There is always going to be pros and cons of any market type. Right now it’s a buyer’s market for you, so maybe the best bet would be to buy a few houses, rent them out for a couple of years, and then sell when the market turns into a seller’s market. You will be set then.

I’m new to all of this myself, but I just figured I’d put in my 2 cents.

GOOD LUCK!!!

INTERESTING SITUATION - Posted by r.b. in texas

Posted by r.b. in texas on November 09, 2000 at 20:23:49:

I would like some input on the following scenario: There is a small town near where I live (pop. about 20,000)that is going through a rash of plant closings and layoffs. There are people there that are wanting to practically give away very nice homes. Is there a way an investor could help these people and still make a profit? There are many sellers and very,very few buyers. I am new at this and would appreciate anyone’s comments

Re: INTERESTING SITUATION - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on November 09, 2000 at 22:27:31:

Try the PACTrust at cal-equity.com