Internet Advertising/Motivated Sellers - Posted by Tadams-VA

Posted by Rob FL on May 07, 2000 at 22:48:00:

As for the MLS properties, of course make lots of offers.

As for the non-MLS properties, letters and newspaper ads are a good start, but you should also try other methods. Ron Legrand says use 5 methods at a time (from what I reall). Knock on some doors, put signs along busy highways, advertise using business cards (put them everywhere and hand them out), signs on your car, etc. Get your phone # and website out there so that everybody knows who to call.

Internet Advertising/Motivated Sellers - Posted by Tadams-VA

Posted by Tadams-VA on May 07, 2000 at 21:39:26:

Good Evening Ladies & Gentleman,

I am new to this site, I have been reading the posts for about a year now, and I have to tell you, that this is a great site. I have most of Bronchicks courses, and one from Legrand, excellent stuff by both. I consider myself an advanced Real Estate Investor.

But, we are all never to advanced to continue learning.

I recently started taking a interest in the pretty houses, after doing some flips, rehabs and other creative things.

This is the market I would like to concentrate on. But, I seem to think that is really “tough” finding MOTIVATED SELLERS, maybe I a wrong, but, I have an ad in the newspaper, a website, the ad tells the interested parties to call or visit the website, and even fill out a form that can be emailed to me. I have access the MLS, I send letters to homeowners in the paper that are selling, expired listings, letters to FSBO on a daily bases. I guess I have to be patient, I want them to call me, after doing some cold calling, I quickly made the decision to beef up the “MARKETING”, so I could get the TRULY MOTIVATED SELLER to call me.

I even called on an add that said MOTIVATED SELLER, and quickly found out 90 seconds later that they were not that MOTIVATED. Also called another add that said MOTIVATED SELLER, no one was home, so I left a message, that person never called back. Guys and Gals any advice would be greatly appeciated

Thanks-Tadams-VA

Re: Internet Advertising/Motivated Sellers - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on May 08, 2000 at 11:43:56:

Two things I have learned in my investing career:

1. Don’t try to judge whether a seller IS motivated by whether you think he SHOULD be motivated. I have seen some sellers in some god awful situations who simply weren’t motivated. Trying to make them motivated because I think they should be, simply got me frustrated.

2. Never believe ads- or realtors. I had one realtor tell me a seller must be motivated because they listed it for sale. All sellers are by definition motivated. Motivated is now the most over-used word in ads. Call and find out for sure.

Mark