Internet Title Search. - Posted by Jackie

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on March 15, 2000 at 17:21:07:

Hi Jackie, I wouldn’t waste my time doing a prelim title search. Instead spend more time marketing to find motivated sellers and making the offers. When you go under contract just have a clause that says “contingent upon Buyer receiving marketable and insurable title from Seller…”.

UNLESS, you’re researching title for pre-foreclosures / courthouse step purchases OR you’re just trying to find an owner name/address on an abandoned house to contact them.

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Internet Title Search. - Posted by Jackie

Posted by Jackie on March 15, 2000 at 14:42:09:

Hii Folks;

The county in which I reside has a “Recorded Documents” section on its’ web page. It contains all sorts of information from Divorce Decrees, to Death Certificates! (Or are they the same thing) {{{Just Kidding}}}} . They also have Deeds of Trust, including the affadavits any recorded liens and judgements etc. My question is this: Can I solely rely on this information as a way to do a preliminary title search on a property before making an offer or would you suggest going a step further and having a certified Title Company do that sort of thing?

Thanks for the help

Jackie

Re: Internet Title Search. - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 16, 2000 at 24:13:48:

Each County is a little different and you would need to call them to see what the time lag is. Ours can take as much as 6-8 weeks before a document that is recorded shows up. Yet, it’s simple to pull the last couple months of records at the recorders as opposed to 50 years. I pulled one on the net the other day that went back to 1954. It’s a valuable resource, you just need to know the limitations. If you want to email me the address (URL) of the site, I could probably find out pretty quickly and tell you the strengths and limitations.

Re: Internet Title Search. - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 15, 2000 at 18:37:45:

Jackie:
Most research that I have seen and the data is limited to providing you with a last date transfer or sale
value and loan amount at that time.

If the property owners have tapped into their equity and have had other liens placed against the collateral since their intital purchase this is usually info that is not going to show up.

Michael Morrongiello