Investing and running a real estate agency - Posted by Jacob

Posted by bill on April 06, 2006 at 17:20:10:

i got my license about 2 months ago and the broker i work for has about 25 rentals and sells a few houses on contract. his main concern is sales though. he also manages alot of rentals in town ,but he has a leasing agent help with that. if you are fairly new at this like myself, i would just try and do a few deals and go from there

Investing and running a real estate agency - Posted by Jacob

Posted by Jacob on April 05, 2006 at 17:46:52:

Any of you run a real estate agency along with investing. I notice that on Flip This House, Davis of Trademark Properties does flip houses and other types of investing, but also runs an agency that lists and sells properties. Anyone with any experience running an agency?

Re: Investing and running a real estate agency - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on April 07, 2006 at 10:20:32:

Jacob,

I have my own firm, but really don’t recruit any agents. I have one part timer who hangs her license with me and does occasional work. If you wanted to recruit agents, you would have to be really competitive with your fee structure and it would have to be high volume in order to make any real money.

I take a listing here and there, but I find it really just takes time away from investing. That’s where the money really is.

–Natalie

Re: Investing and running a real estate agency - Posted by Arnold

Posted by Arnold on April 06, 2006 at 21:10:42:

The brokers that run their own real estate agency (franchise or not) can make a huge amount of money from it. One in our area that I know makes millions investing and a butt load with his agency as well. You will be very busy but potentially very wealthy as well.