Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by Greg

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 25, 2000 at 22:57:50:

As a former past president of SREIA (the Suncoast Real Estate Investors Association) I can second Carols opinion of this group. There is wealth of talented people that reguraly attend their meetings in Tampa each month. Also the Orlando club is equally well attended.

Michael Morrongiello

Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on March 25, 2000 at 08:20:07:

I need a little info from Flordia investors about buying property in that state.
I am moving to Orlando,and I want to purchase in that area,or maybe Tampa and St.Petersburg.
I am not familar with the laws in Flordia in terms of multi-family prorerty,so if anyone can just give me the meat and potatoes of commercial property in this state(or where I can obtain such info) I would be greatful.
Thank You,

Re: Investing in Flordia RE:Thanks for the response(nt) - Posted by greg

Posted by greg on March 27, 2000 at 23:50:12:

thanks for the response

What about St Lucie/Martin Counties? - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Emmett-NC on March 27, 2000 at 07:43:44:

I grew up in Port St Lucie, FL, and I will be moving back to that area to probably work in WPB after my Army time is up. Growing up Port St. Lucie was nothing but a bunch of pine trees, and a couple subdivisions. However, everytime I go on leave, there is always something new going up. Is there anyone who invests in this area regularly that knows the trends for Real Estate? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 26, 2000 at 19:47:22:

If you do move to Orlando, please visit our REI club. www.re-investors.com

Re: Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by eric

Posted by eric on March 26, 2000 at 10:21:08:

It just so happens I have a little insight into this particular topic. First, all the previous posters are correct, including the guy who said Fort Myers is the nicest part. Actually, a subset of that area, called Sanibel Island, is probably the nicest non-mountainous part of the Southeastern United States. One walk on it’s seashell-lined beaches at sunset will quell all arguments to the contrary. As for the Ft. Myers/Naples areas in general however, they are mostly overpriced, and only for the idle rich.

It is my belief that the best areas in Florida for Real Estate appreciation are Ft. Lauderdale/Broward/WPB county, Tampa/St.pete/clearwater, and Orlando. I think that it will be almost impossible to lose money buying metro or suburban real estate in these areas over at least the next 10 years. Migratory patterns are firmly established, thousands of families move here EVERY DAY. I also believe Harry Dent, author of the Roaring 2000’s, is completely correct in his discussion of RE appreciation over the next 10 years. The areas of greatest appreciation, in order, will be the southwest, the non-Californian west, then the northwest, followed by the southeast. In the northeast, VT and NH will also appreciate, but remain otherwise stagnant. Ditto the stagnation, and perhaps even decline, for the middle atlantic and the midwest. Though there is much flat land for new growth in Florida, people still need to be within an hour or two of major cities, so the laws of supply and demand should bear this out. In short, you almost can’t go wrong, IMHO. BTW, my own home has almost doubled in value in the last 3 years - though that was with lot’s of sweat equity, in a gentrifying area, market pressures still contributed substantially to this.

Re: Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on March 25, 2000 at 19:10:07:

There are great investor groups in both Tampa and Orlando. You can get any kind of info there that you need … 'cause I’m not really sure what questions you have!

I usually attend both meetings as we are in between.

Feel free to email for specifics.
Carol

Re: Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by charlie mccullough

Posted by charlie mccullough on March 25, 2000 at 12:52:45:

I live in Ft. Myers, Fl. It’s much nicer here then any where else in Florida. Of course, I’m prejudiced.

Re: Investing in Flordia RE - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on March 25, 2000 at 09:12:59:

It may be a good idea to join the local Apartment Owners Association where you will invest.