investing with recent bk - Posted by jackie

Posted by Ed Garcia on January 08, 2001 at 11:33:14:

Jackie,

You definitely can do deals. With $10,000 to work with, and the size of the deal you’re looking at, you can easily put down 30 to 50%. Jackie, you’re paranoid about recently going through bankruptcy, and I understand. I would like to first suggest for you to go to Creditinfocenter.com, there you will find a credit repair kit for free. There are directions on how to repair and improve your credit, as well as everything you’ll need to do it.

Jackie, your deals are small for most mortgage companies, and I think that’s another reason the mortgage company was giving you flack.

Jackie, I think because your new, you need to understand deal constructing. My suggestion is for you to read every article in the “How-To Articles”, as well as the Success stories. When in the How-to Articles, particularly pay attention to and copy an Article by Ed Wachsman, “Glossary Of Common Terms Used In Loans And Lending”

When you think you found a deal, come back here and we will help you with your deal.

Good luck, and welcome aboard,

Ed Garcia

investing with recent bk - Posted by jackie

Posted by jackie on January 08, 2001 at 08:52:10:

Ed,
I am new to real estate investing and up until now have not had the nerve to take the plunge. I have $10,000 in cash and am looking for properties in the mid 20’s to 30’s. My problem is a recent bk (in the last 6 months). Any mortgage company i talk to won’t look at me for at least another year. I am trying to find someone to put up the other percentage and then get a mortgage to pay them back. my question to you is: does that sound like a good idea, or can you tell me another way to do it. i would like to improve the property and resell for a profit.I also have 4-5k to improve it with. any help or advice would be appreciated.
sincerely
Jackie

Re: investing with recent bk - Posted by tom

Posted by tom on January 10, 2001 at 20:11:13:

where do you live that you can find property that cheap? Maybe I should move there. Good luck.