Investors a protected class? - Posted by Kris

Posted by Phil on August 05, 2007 at 19:55:36:

You are correct. I did not state it. It’s happening in NJ now (pending), PA (pending).

Investors a protected class? - Posted by Kris

Posted by Kris on August 05, 2007 at 05:50:31:

Saw this article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Wanted to read what others thought of the article.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07217/807147-85.stm

Re: Investors a protected class? - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on August 05, 2007 at 08:37:21:

The term “protected class” has a specific legal meaning related to rights, there is nothing in the article discussing real estate investors as a “protected class”.

As, far as the article goes… I don’t condone fradulent actions, in fact I condeem fradulet and misleading actions, but the article is so poorly written that it is impossible to conclude what specific fraud was conducted. The title of the article itself is perposterous, there is no way the activites described, fradulent or not, could have “netted the investor Millions”, if that investor puts a $500,000 2nd DOT or Lis Pendens on a property with no equity, the 2nd DOT or Lis Pendens is worthless. Silly, sensational, journalism.

Re: Investors a protected class? - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on August 05, 2007 at 07:32:44:

There are bad apples in every business. It seems that A/G’ sometimes paint too wide a stroke on our business when they have complaints, often for their own political gain. This is going on in many states right now.I think in 3 to 5 years time, there are going to be rules to make it very hard for us to do business.

Re: Investors a protected class? - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on August 05, 2007 at 08:27:48:

“I think in 3 to 5 years time, there are going to be rules to make it very hard for us to do business”

It’s already happened or is happening in many states.