Investors Advantage software - Posted by Troy aka Aquanaut

Posted by Brad Crouch on May 03, 1999 at 14:28:12:

Jim,

Try disabling the anti virus software for ONE session. Don’t download anything, just see if you are back up to “regular speed” during that session.

Anti virus software definitly can slow down your computer. Maybe that’s why so many people either don’t use it or they buy those new 500 mhz processors . . . to compensate.

Brad

Investors Advantage software - Posted by Troy aka Aquanaut

Posted by Troy aka Aquanaut on May 02, 1999 at 11:25:16:

Hey yall,

Does anybody know where I can find the Investors Advantage software that was on display at the convention? Someone had posted the tech support site for it a few few weeks ago, but I didn’t see where it could be ordered. Maybe I missed it, can anybody enlighten me? TIA

Troy

WARNING!!! - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on May 02, 1999 at 13:44:20:

I was talking with Jerry G last night in the chat room; he and several others got a NASTY virus from this software. Their computers were completely ruined.

Re: Investors Advantage software - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 02, 1999 at 11:53:54:

Here’s their URL. Be sure to insert the hyphen, or you ge a stock quote company.

http://www.Investors-Advantage.com/

I bought their package at the CRE convention. Unfortunately, I had trouble installing from the floppies, so I e-mailed and they immediately sent me a CD. Aparently my ancient computer was incompatible, because that wouldn’t install either. I let them know, and they creditied my Visa right away, didn’t even ask for the CD back.
Therefore, I can’t speak for the usefullness of the program, but do give high marks for the integrity of the company.

BG

And, Is it worth the $? (nt) - Posted by Troy

Posted by Troy on May 02, 1999 at 11:39:20:

nt

So that is where it came from!!! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 02, 1999 at 23:21:21:

Jackie,
Thank you for sharing that!
I unfortunately lost both my desktop and laptop computers to this “Chernobyl” virus this last week.
I spent may hours trying to figure out the common denominator in both computers.
I had never shared files between the two or installed the same software, so I thought.
But, then I see your post and instantly realize that the “Investors Advantage” software was installed on both.
Thank you, thank you, thank you…

I’m now off to scan some floppies from that company now.
I’ll let you all know what I find,
Jim IL

Re: So that is where it came from!!! - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on May 02, 1999 at 23:33:50:

Jim,

I heard if you scan their disks it will fry your BIOS Chip if it has the virus!

Nope, All Clean!!! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on May 02, 1999 at 23:42:38:

John,
Thanks. The good news is that now that I’m up and running again, I have my bios set up with a toggle that does not allow that to happen.
The bad news is that I just finished scanning the floppies the program came on and they are clean!
So, back to square one on the “Where did I get the CIH virus?” investigation.
Oh well, I tried.
I’ll tell ya though, rebuilding my computer has been a nightmare. Now, every thing runs slower and I keep getting conflicts I NEVER had before.
I just hope that is not from my new Dr. solomons anti virus software?!?!?!

Take care,
Jim IL