Investors - where can I find going rental rates online? - Posted by Diane(Bay Area)

Posted by Jim IL on May 02, 2000 at 14:35:41:

Diane,
Try calling a few “Rental agencies” or “property managers” and even some Real Estate Agents.
Tell them you are thinking of trying to rent a home in the area, with the description you gave us.
Tell them that before you really look seriously into this, you need to go over your budget to see if this is doable.
Ask them what the approx rental rate for that area is on a home like that?
Tell them you are expecting an exact figure, just a “ballpark” figure to use when discussing it with your spouse.
If they agent asks for more info, and wants to show you some homes, then decide if you want to go see them or not. (If you have time, or the desire, you may use this to further your research, but I personally would not waste the agents time or my own.)
Do not tell them any contact info, just tell them you will talk to your spouse, go over your bills and then call them back later if you are going to look for a home to rent.
Be gracious and thnkful to them for there time.

This should get you some rates for the area.

I’m sure others will also have a few ideas for you.

Just my $.02,
Jim IL

Investors - where can I find going rental rates online? - Posted by Diane(Bay Area)

Posted by Diane(Bay Area) on May 02, 2000 at 14:23:15:

This should be a no-brainer. I have looked in the online newspapers and some housing rental sites, but cannot find what a 4br/2ba would rent for. For those reading this that are familiar with Northern California, the subject property is in Brentwood (Contra Costa). Any Baies members reading this, or anyone else, please lend a hand! Meanwhile, I’ll keep digging.

thanks!

Re: Investors - where can I find going rental rates online? - Posted by Jim Holmes

Posted by Jim Holmes on May 03, 2000 at 24:48:52:

Diane,

Try calling your local housing authority that issues vouchers for section 8 tenants…they can give you the median price for your rental. Also try several property management companies, they will give you a ballpark range.

good luck!

Try this - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on May 02, 2000 at 16:23:08:

Try the following apartment rental site for a ballpark idea. Then add some for the convenience of it being a home:

www.rent.net

Monique