IRA - Posted by dimpil

Posted by Jason on October 22, 2003 at 22:46:29:

I would like some info on IRA that allow you to invest in RE. Please send me info or call @702-306-2411

IRA - Posted by dimpil

Posted by dimpil on October 20, 2003 at 16:11:30:

To save time and do a dual benefit, my mother and I are thinking of putting her money in the self directed IRA the one flashing this site often. We are getting the info but my general quesiton is is anyone else doing this?

I was thinking that it would benefit her for self use by her charging our company 6 pt fee up front, and the loan would be interst only for 6 months then doing a rate term refi and she would get principal and interst on the back end.

I really have no clue how the IRA program works with them but on paper the idea sounds excellent! So I wanted to see if anyone else was using the IRA self directed for themselves and was I thinking right about it’s use.

Thanks in advance!

Re: IRA - Posted by tom

Posted by tom on October 21, 2003 at 05:41:17:

I have RE in my IRA. hard money loans are good to do as well. one of the best things about putting a significant part of your net worth into IRA structures is it is harder for creditors to get at.

unfortunately for you the transaction you are contemplating is a prohibited transaction. that is it is illegal, as your mother is an ineligible person for your ira to do business with.

best,
tom

Re: IRA - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on October 21, 2003 at 16:39:13:

I have an IRA program that gives you true check book control and you can leverage your investment into real estate. Please drop me an email if you want more details. Thanks, Jason