Is a Nevada Corporation the preferable entity for R.E? - Posted by David Krejci

Posted by IdahoRob on March 10, 2000 at 18:49:29:

I personnaly think Nevada is the best. Nevada made laws that were friendly to investors and other large corporations

There are more incorporations in Nevada each day than in any other state.

The big reason is that the state does not keep a record of the officers so----- if a law suit is filed against the corporation its almost impossible to sue the officers as well.
Also they are the only state to not share personall info with the federal goverment on corporations because there is no records of the officers.

There are some rules you will have to follow to make it legal. The big one is to have a home corporate office meaning its staffed with a phone and has a real address. There are other requirements that you need to search and see if it will fill your needs-- that included spending some time with an Atty. I am not one and am not giving you legal advise. Just some of the hi-lites of a Nevada corporation as I see them.

Rob Harris

Is a Nevada Corporation the preferable entity for R.E? - Posted by David Krejci

Posted by David Krejci on March 10, 2000 at 17:44:37:

I am currently in the process of forming a Corp. and I am confused on which state to Incorporate in. I have heard from many people, and read many books (I have not read William Bronchicks course but will get it) saying that a Nevada Corp. is much better especially for real estate. I currently live in Illinois, and would be doing L/O’s, rentals. If someone could shed some insight on this I would be grateful. Thank you

Re: Is a Nevada Corporation the preferable entity for R.E? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 10, 2000 at 21:46:12:

The preferred corporation is one in your own state. Many states have a charge for operating a foreign corporation. The out of state corp. is used to transfer profits and avoid paying certain state taxes. The preferred method for income property is a limited liability entity. The C corp can manage and be the general partner.