Is anyone doing "Lonnie Deals" in AL? - Posted by GeneM

Posted by William on January 07, 2001 at 21:16:15:

$100 application fee. $25,000 bond. $500,000 Liability insurance. I’ve called the Alabama Mobile Home Commission and they are sending me the application and information in the mail. Expect it this coming week.
Gotta guy with a 1990 Cavalier 14x70 in great shape, bot new in 89 and owing $8000 on it at $191 per month through a bank in NY. It’s got to be moved,though. Not so hot deal unless this guy perhaps wants to pay to have it moved to a park just so he can get out from under it. I was thinking I could find someone to lease to own at $325 plus $100 lot rent with a $500 downpayment. That would give $133 monthly cash flow until it’s paid for. What do ya think?

Is anyone doing “Lonnie Deals” in AL? - Posted by GeneM

Posted by GeneM on January 04, 2001 at 16:29:50:

I just moved here and I’m interested in the business. Just curious what your experiences have been in the area. I’m in Dothan.

Thanks,

GeneM

Doin’ in AL - Posted by William

Posted by William on January 06, 2001 at 21:22:35:

Hi, Gene. I’m up in the NW corner, Florence. Just got started reading the posts a few weeks ago and have gotten Lonnie’s books. I sell MH for a living and have come across deals that people wanted to trade in but were too old for our lot, so I started putting 2 and 2 together. Gotta a guy in Corinth, MS that has about 30 MH all on lease to own notes who’s been a help to me. There’s deals everywhere if you keep looking. I’m going to put up signs in the country saying "I buy old MH. Call XXX-XXXX. I ran an ad in the local shopper here and got a lotta calls, too, but I’m looking at all angles and want to see what will happen. Just waiting to put one together.

Re: Doin’ in AL - Posted by Craig (AL)

Posted by Craig (AL) on January 07, 2001 at 20:19:25:

What are the requirements for dealers liscence in Alabama?