Is anyone using First American RE solutions? - Posted by Tom Nagle PA

Posted by Michael Murray on December 09, 1999 at 23:23:08:

First go to First American Financial Corporation’s site at http://www.firstam.com/faf/home.html Then go to the drop-down box under Database Products & Services

Is anyone using First American RE solutions? - Posted by Tom Nagle PA

Posted by Tom Nagle PA on December 09, 1999 at 18:21:18:

I was thiking about subscribing to First American’s RE solutions, which will give me current property info in the two counties that I work in. I want to start doing more mailing (a la Kaiser) and can manipulate the info to do out-of-state owner searches and others as well. I was just curious if anyone is using it and if they are, what do you think of it (and what other things are you using it for)?

Thanks

Tom Nagle
Allentown,PA

Re: Is anyone using First American RE solutions? - Posted by Scott-OR

Posted by Scott-OR on December 10, 1999 at 14:55:57:

Tom,

I just received my FARES software last week. I choose the Cd-ROM version and it is great. Small example is I did a search of out of state owners in two counties. I had 1800 postcards ready to go in no time. It was very easy!

Re: Worth every cent. - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on December 10, 1999 at 10:54:27:

I use it, and depend on it for my real estate deals. I used it for my last mailing of 950 postcards to out of state owners. Unfortunately, I only got ONE deal out of the mailing! But, I guess a $15K return on a $400 investment isn’t all that bad. (grin) I’m getting ready for another mailing this month.

Having the information at my fingertips, 24/7, makes my work much easier and more efficient.

One of the features I use is the ability to download data to an excel spreadsheet. I’ve designed a spreadsheet that calculates FMV taking into account sales trends of like properties in the same neighborhood over the past five years. What I like about this is that not only are the most recent sales considered, but an automatic adjustment is made for appreciation/depreciation trends in the neighborhood. I’ve found this to be very accurate, so far, and is now an important part of my due diligence.

By the way, remember that the cost of FARES is deductable.

Stacy

Re: Is anyone using First American RE solutions? - Posted by J.

Posted by J. on December 09, 1999 at 21:23:30:

What is First American’s RE solutions web address.
Just looking for better comps online.
Thanks,
J.

Re: Is anyone using First American RE solutions? - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on December 09, 1999 at 18:34:18:

We use it daily . . . not only for mailing but just to have available for our over-the-phone deals. Having all that info available and just a couple clicks away is an invaluable tool.

Having comps at your fingertips ain’t so bad either.

Joe

PS. I just checked with Tammie from First American and she’s still got the “Joe Deal” going (they will discount the monthly and waive the $250 sign up). Email me if that works for you.

Re: Worth every cent. - Posted by KatieFL

Posted by KatieFL on December 12, 1999 at 20:48:03:

Just a question. I have an RE agent licence, and as of the first of the year I will have access to online public records thru’ Board of Realtors. Does FARES have more info than the public records? What are some things you can find there that you wouldn’t in public records?
Thanks,
KatieFL

Re: Worth every cent. - Posted by Stacy

Posted by Stacy on December 11, 1999 at 24:18:22:

Stacy,
Would you mind emailing the excel spreadsheet to me? That sounds like it would be an excellent evaluation tool!
Thanks,
Gerry