Is buying then selling on a lease option illegal? - Posted by ChrisW

Posted by Nate on January 11, 2001 at 11:07:48:

I seriously doubt it, too. According to www.legislature.state.oh.us, the 124th Ohio legislature has been in session only since January 2 and has not passed any bills yet. It is highly unlikely new legislation could even be considered, let alone passed, in the first 9 days of the session unless it was an emergency situation.

I think this post was bogus or misinformed, like Jim said.

Nate

Is buying then selling on a lease option illegal? - Posted by ChrisW

Posted by ChrisW on January 11, 2001 at 07:47:38:

I heard last night that they just past a law in Ohio that makes it illegal to buy and then sell on lease option if you are not a liscenced realtor. Is this true?

such a law has been proposed. - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on January 11, 2001 at 15:37:30:

Such a law has been proposed. I do not know the current status; seems to me that it is unlikely to pass and would be unconstitutional if it did pass.

This topic came up a few months ago in a property management assoc meeting. I didn’t pay a lot of attention to it since I didn’t take it seriously.

BTW…I am in Ohio.

Is this true? - I seriously doubt it!! - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on January 11, 2001 at 08:43:35:

Was the source of your information credible? Here’s what I do whenever someone tells me that there’s a new law that would have an impact on the way I conduct business. I ask that individual for the exact statute to which he or she is referring. In most cases, they’re unable to provide an appropriate code. I then ask the source of their information. In most instances it’s simply unfounded rumor or someone’s misinterpretation of an existing statute.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX