Is FL P&S like Ohios? - Posted by DoubleJ

Posted by JT-IN on July 12, 2005 at 12:37:03:

Each area Bd of Realtors usually has their own Bd approved contract, which vary slightly from Bd to bd… but the context is the same…

The main issues are for the Seller to file proper REsidential Property Disclosure Form… See link below:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title6/ar1.1/ch25.html

And also the HUD Lead Based Paint Disclosure…

Other than that you could pretty much use a FAR/BAR contract, and doctor up the areas specific to FL… Ohio doesn’t use Escrow in the same manner as FL, as a general rule, either the Seller or Selllers Agent will hold Earnest Money Deposit, as opposed to Escrow being opened… Specify who will pay title ins, which is usually the Buyer in Ohio…

Good luck on it…

JT-IN

Is FL P&S like Ohios? - Posted by DoubleJ

Posted by DoubleJ on July 12, 2005 at 11:38:54:

I have a FARBAR (purchase and sale agreement approved by board of realtors, and florida bar) contract that I know is solid in my area (Pinellas, FL). However, I have a deal I need to contract in Ohio, and have no idea what sort of revisions I may need to make to my contract.

Does anyone have any idea about the differences between the two, if any? The simplest thing would be for me to simply obtain an Ohio P&S agreement that I know is approved by their realtors, and bar association, if they have such a document.

Any help, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.