Is it a good idea to Lease Option a Mobile Home? - Posted by Zoran Ristovski

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 08, 1999 at 23:24:58:

Hi Zoran,
The easiest way that I have found is the Classic Lonnie method in dealing with older, used mobile homes, which are positioned in an existing park and may remain there after I (or you) buy it.
I imagine your thinking of Lease Optioning a mobile home because you worried about getting your prospective buyer financing? You are right you won’t be able to get anyone (regardless of credit) financing which is secured by an older, used mobile home, which isn’t attached to any land (it’s in a park and rents the lot where it’s at).
However that the beauty of it. You become the bank. You finance the buyer yourself.
The reason a L/O will not work in most parks is that most parks WILL NOT allow some outside entity to rent out the mobile home. The park has found that it quickly loses control if it were to do this.
However in a park there is really no need at all to L/O at all, if you execute a Lonnie Situation.
If mobiles homes hold an interest for as an investment vehicle, check out Lonnie Scruggs “Deals on Wheels”. This is an inexpensive little book, which can open up your eyes to an interesting niche market.
Good Luck and keep us posted on your upcoming success,
Dirk

Is it a good idea to Lease Option a Mobile Home? - Posted by Zoran Ristovski

Posted by Zoran Ristovski on May 08, 1999 at 21:21:20:

Would it be a good idea to Lease Option a Mobile Home or a Manufactured Home? I’m also considering on buying a foreclosed Mobile home to Lease Option. Please Help

Re: Is it a good idea to Lease Option a Mobile Home? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on May 09, 1999 at 18:15:20:

You might also want to pick up Ernest Tew’s “Get Rich Helping Others”. He speaks of lease optioning MH’s. It is available from this site.

Re: Is it a good idea to Lease Option a Mobile Home? - Posted by Freddy Wells in OKLA

Posted by Freddy Wells in OKLA on May 09, 1999 at 24:35:47:

You need to read all the info you can written by Lonnie Scruggs on this website and get his Deals on Wheels course to better understand what I think you are wanting to do with Mobile Homes. I agree with Dirk and have found that most finance institutions WILL NOT :slight_smile: finance an older mobile home and most parks will not let you lease option a mobile in their parks. That is where you come in and I believe you will enjoy it. I know I have.

Good Luck