Is it really possible for a beginner? - Posted by CJ

Posted by Brent_IL on August 14, 2003 at 19:15:08:

You couldn’t keep Roswell a secret. You can’t hide forever. “The Truth is out there.”

Is apology really policy?

Is it really possible for a beginner? - Posted by CJ

Posted by CJ on August 14, 2003 at 11:22:48:

Is it really possible for a beginner to make money in REI? The only real estate I have bought is my own home. I dont have much money to start with but do have some time. I cant afford to make a bad deal. Ive read C. sheets course and not really gotten any “secrets” out of it. The gurus make it seem so easy.

the “secrets” of real estate - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 14, 2003 at 12:07:25:

CJ---------------

You are learning fast. True, there are no “secrets” in real estate investing. That is just sales nonsense to convince people to buy educational materials. Same as “magic.” There is no magic either.

I recommend that you read my post for beginners. You can read it by putting “beginners success” into the search function on this main bulletinboard of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Real estate investing is not difficult, especially if you do long-term holding of rentals. Many people who have gotten rich with real estate rentals have average intelligence. Or below.

You can avoid major mistakes by educating yourself before you spend money. You will always make some mistakes, that comes with the territory. Any time you are not making mistakes it means you are making a huge mistake: you aren’t trying to accomplish anything. Don’t be too caught up in fear and thus do nothing. Real Esdtate is a very “forgiving” thing. You can make incredible blunders and still come out ahead. Maybe not as well as as you would like, perhaps not as well off as if you hadn’t made the mistakes, but still ahead. My best friend, Sam, a real estate millionaire with 45 apartment units, is very fearful, cautious, even paranoid. He still manages to make fine money with his real estate. He quit his programming job about about 45 years old to live on the income from his rents.

Good Investing***********Ron Starr*************

No magic secret? Now I’m crushed. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 14, 2003 at 17:26:02:

Bagic secrets–just from you! - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 14, 2003 at 18:24:43:

Brent–(IL)----------------

Nice to talk to you again.

I was not expecting you to read that post, as it was in response to a beginners question.

So, in keeping with my efforts to be honest, I will have to admit that there are some magic secrets in real estate investing that we are keeping just from you. Eveybody else will be able to find them out. Now, having given it away, I just have to hope that the rest of the conspiracy members don’t stick a horsehead in my bed.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Ditto- What Brent Said… - Posted by Marcos

Posted by Marcos on August 15, 2003 at 15:20:41:

I read all of your posts as well. And have enjoyed our “conversations” over the last year or two.

Marcos