Is there a difference? - Posted by Marlon (OH)

Posted by Carol on January 22, 1999 at 06:56:45:

I believe you will find that a contract for ‘purchase and sale’ will have buyer friendly clauses and one for ‘sale and purchase’ will have seller friendly clauses … but be sure to read and understand ANY contract, no matter what it is called.
Our Standard Contracts in FL are seller friendly, and if one must use them, are best handled via a well written addendum if you are the buyer.
My 02.
Carol

Is there a difference? - Posted by Marlon (OH)

Posted by Marlon (OH) on January 22, 1999 at 24:34:40:

What is the difference between a contract for sale and purchase and a contract for purchase and sale? And is a standard purchase contract another name for a contract for purchase and sale?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: Is there a difference? - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on January 23, 1999 at 08:22:27:

check out this link. I just went there and it is good at explaining your questions. http://timesonline.webpoint.com/home/leaseopt.htm

thanks to rayrick for the link

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: Is there a difference? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 22, 1999 at 20:33:51:

A title across the top of a document means absolutely nothing. I word my contract addendums “Standard Contract Addendum” and my leases “Standard Rental Agreement”. What the heck does that mean? To me it means absolutely nothing, but to others they think this is the thing everyone uses.

All that really matters is what the terms and conditions of the documents actually say.