Is there room for one more? - Posted by Brad Hill

Posted by aaron spicer on May 27, 2006 at 11:04:15:

I loved it

Is there room for one more? - Posted by Brad Hill

Posted by Brad Hill on December 13, 2004 at 11:57:10:

I am interested in getting involved in RE investing and it seems that everybody is “buying houses cash”. Is there room for one more? How can you compete when you see signs everywhere and the paper is loaded with “we buy houses cash” adds?

Certainly - Posted by kawika-CA

Posted by kawika-CA on December 13, 2004 at 13:32:59:

Here’s some facts:

1. Investors, or would be investors, come and go constantly. My local REI club has 30-50% people attending the meeting for the first time but the attendance never really grows much. I’ve heard from experienced teachers (a.k.a. gurus) that 95% of people who attend a real estate seminar or conference will never do a deal.

2. All the investors actively seeking out deals and finding them can’t possibly buy them all.

3. Some of the best deals you can find are those nobody knows about yet. I work expired listings and houses in foreclosure, among other targets, and everybody knows about them but I can still find deals.

Here’s some tips:

1. Believe it will work. If you don’t, you’ll procrastinate. The idea that someone would give you equity for free in my opinion is wrong. They trade it for something of value and piece of mind.

2. Treat it as a business. The numbers must work or don’t do the deal.

3. Help people. Focus more on what they need more than what you need and eventually you’ll get what you want. Anybody can put an ad in the paper but not every investor has the temperment, skill, or desire to really listen and formulate a solution. Work on that and you’ll be well ahead of most.

4. Be in it for the long-haul. If you’re looking to make a quick buck this probably isn’t the business for you and frankly you won’t get much help from this board either.

5. Know the laws in your state. I found it best to learn from experts in my part of the state and county. Check with your local REI club. You’ll probably hear a name of a teacher or book mentioned more than once.

6. Never turn off your buying machine. The minute you stop looking for deals and making offers your whole business comes to a screaching halt until you turn it back on.

7. Keep learning and keep it fun. Read books, message boards, go to seminars, or pick up a course to replinish the enthusiasm you had when you started. The great thing about seminars and bootcamps is that you are around dozens or hundreds of other investors trying to do the same thing you are and “get it” when you talk about your successes or challenges.

8. Have some cash or liquidity. This is not a no money needed business. Marketing, title searches, repairs, downpayments, earnest deposits, appraisals, etc. Eventually you’re going to have to spend some money to move fast on a deal.

9. Don’t listen to people who don’t believe or want you to be in the gutter with them. There is no shortage of people, even those in the business, that will try to tell you it won’t work or you’re too young or too old or you’re not rich enough. Selective deafness is a great skill when used appropriately and to your benefit.

10. If cash is an issue buy and sell some houses to get your cashflow going before you decide to hold houses long-term or go for bigger game. Having 20 houses is pointless if you can’t pay your grocery bill. But don’t forget about the holding longterm. I haven’t talked to a single quick-turn veteran who doesn’t wish they had held a few more houses to capture the rise in market prices that inevitably occurs ever turn up in the market cycle.

This board is great to keep you enthusiastic and optimistic about this business. Get some education and jump in. Houses are for sale every single day and somebody has to buy them, might as well be us.

WE ARE LIquidating - Posted by Ray Johnson

Posted by Ray Johnson on October 08, 2005 at 10:12:38:

Spartanburg, SC
We have 24 single family houses + 2 duplexes + 27 residential lots being sold for 70 cents on the dollar. Good condition, 90% occupied, professionally managed, list available. Contact: rjohnson@jvgroup.com

Re: Certainly - Posted by Lee Gartner

Posted by Lee Gartner on September 03, 2005 at 16:33:48:

clarks england shoes purchase shoes online shalom shoes unique shoes magnanni shoes comfortable womens shoes mbt shoes mudd shoes jordan shoes orthopedic shoes

BRAVO!!! and … - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on December 14, 2004 at 09:39:14:

I have been in this business for 17 years and needed a little more enlightment…instead, with this post I got a kick in the … and now I’m off to the races once more. Thank you so much!

Re: Certainly - Posted by Brad Hill

Posted by Brad Hill on December 13, 2004 at 14:12:03:

kawika-CA
Thank you for your inspiration and common sense view!

Good post. Inspiring. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on December 13, 2004 at 13:54:29:

buffy tyler - Posted by buffy tyler

Posted by buffy tyler on October 30, 2005 at 11:57:26:

free radio stations numa numa free radio stations brittany spears girls names girl in a bikini names and their meanings gerard way jordan capri omarion

iced out grills - Posted by iced out grills

Posted by iced out grills on February 06, 2006 at 17:38:58:

nelly grill lyrics weber grill parts grills nelly webber grills raclette grills paul walls grill great outdoors grill company lincoln county grill ruidoso grand hall grills thermos grill barbecue buy grill online traeger grills portable charcoal grills chipotle mexican grill panini grill viking grills stonewood grill truck grill big green egg grill platinum grills charbroil grill red mesa grill mesa grill platinum grill george foreman grills gaucho grill license to grill union square grill ducane grills grills outdoor cooking weber grills speaker grills outdoor gas grills raclette grills brinkmann grills thermos gas grills grill recipes grill lyrics stainless steel grill grills teeth

Re: iced out grills - Posted by camden

Posted by camden on May 27, 2006 at 08:52:58:

i wold love to have one

Re: iced out grills - Posted by camden

Posted by camden on May 27, 2006 at 08:51:45:

i wold love if i could have one

Re: iced out grills - Posted by juwan cogmon

Posted by juwan cogmon on March 09, 2006 at 19:20:33:

give me a grill

Re: iced out grills - Posted by kenny winters

Posted by kenny winters on May 30, 2006 at 16:36:12:

this web site is raw