Is there such a thing as.... - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on March 12, 2000 at 22:24:01:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. They are needed from time to time.

Jason

Is there such a thing as… - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on March 12, 2000 at 16:44:18:

…a town with no real estate deals in it? Sometimes I feel that my town is dead. For example I went to the county recorders office and talked for a good long while with the clerk about the market.I was mainly there to research people who might have carried back some mortgages. She then proceeded to tell me that there wasn’t Any. Can you beleive that. I looked through about a year’s worth, and I couldn’t find any. I know this is just one example, but it is one of many roadblocks that I have ran into. Everything from realtors not knowing anything about creativity, to not being able to find one good deal. Any thoughts on how to overcome this roadblock?

Here’s a Solution - Posted by Kam Fong

Posted by Kam Fong on March 13, 2000 at 03:53:32:

MOVE TO ANOTHER TOWN!
(No Rocket Science Needed Here)

Kam

No deals where you live…? - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on March 12, 2000 at 21:52:44:

Hi Jason, I would be SOOOO excited if I had NO competition!!! That’s what you’re describing to me; a town where nobody has heard of anything creative. That means YOU get to educate buyer, seller, atty, agent, etc…and (listen closely here) be the ONLY person that can help motivated people structure creative win-win deals and you get to reap all the rewards!!!

Get your name out there, be patient while you’re explaining concepts to everyone; and soon you’ll be the only name on everyone’s lips for creative solutions.

If you can’t find the deals: a)you’re not looking hard enough (have you run newspaper ads, done direct mail, door-to-door flyers; spoke to and/or mailed all the RE agents, attys, CPAs in town; called on all FSBOs & abandoned homes; heck run a radio ad if you’re the only creative guy in town) OR b) expand your marketing area. If your town is too small, do all the above stuff in your town and several neighboring towns.

Now, go scoop up lots of deals while you’re still the only game in town!!!

Best of success,
Joe Brillante