Is this a good time to take on homes?? - Posted by Nick

Posted by tom on October 01, 2003 at 12:03:36:

i have found the best time to buy is late Nov-Jan. my two best deals both closed around christmas. a terrible time to try to get anything done, but very good prices.

that said of course, if the price is right who cares? just be sure you have enough resources to hold…

tom

Is this a good time to take on homes?? - Posted by Nick

Posted by Nick on September 30, 2003 at 21:41:14:

I am looking at a few houses to rehab. With it the first of Oct and it will take me lets say 2 weeks to buy then 30-45 days to fix up, that will take me until about Dec 1-15 to have the house ready to either rent out or sell. Is that a time of year that I want to be holding a vacant house? Or should I be looking at this differently? By differently I mean just do the deal if the price is right and forget about the time of year. I live in south Texas where the weather is not very bad that time of year so selling or renting may not be as bad as if I were in a really cold snowy climate. The houses I am looking at are in the 75-85K range all fixed up pretty. Surely all you guys dont shut down your buying machine during the off months. Or do you?? Thank you